The Two Gals In My Life (Ed Fowler Knives)

Kodiak PA

Gold Member
Ed and I refer to this pair as the "girls". :)

The top is a 5" Pronghorn and the bottom is a one-of-a-kind Camp knife that Ed made me for a very special jaunt in the wilds last summer. Not the quarter for comparison. These two are the only two I could never part with. Would sell the wife before I would sell......whoops!
:D

Attachments

• fowler camp & ph.jpg
    fowler camp & ph.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 295
Awesome!!!!

Though I doubt he'd remember, I actually had the pleasure of eating dinner with Ed and Rick Dunkerley saturday evening after the Atlanta Blade show in 1995. Both are super nice guys and make some incredible knives!!

Thanks for the nice email Greg. It is always nice to hear how much people love their Fowler knives. It is a group that I am glad to be joining.

You are right about that waiting thing, it is hell. The worst thing is the constant thought in the back of my head that worries about the Postal System losing my knife.

My mantra when I see pictures like this: Jealousy is a petty emotion....jealousy is a petty emotion...jealousy is a ...oh, you get the drift.

Greg,

They're beautiful! The shapes Ed can hammer and grind steel into can be really stunning. One look at the kukri-ish curves of that camp knife would make a redwood sweat...:D

-Jose

Greg,

I thought that you and the others, on the forums, might like to see a picture of your camp knifes' older sister.

sorry about the quality of that picture. I'll shoot a real pic and posr it tomarrow.

I don't know when there will be another Fowler in my collection, until then all I can do is take great pleasure in seeing other memebers knives. Waiting right along with Keith as he gets his first, and others as they join in the love of Ed Fowler's work. I'm friends with a lot of makers, and I can understand the followings some of them develope. For me my first love was a Prong horn, and as much as I love some of my other customs nothing has replaced my first love.

Back