The Ultimate Easy Sharpening

hey guys i just had to share this with all you bad sharpeners like me.
i sent of the other day for a sharpener called the accusharp, i did this after repeated trys at sharpenin my khuks, i had some success with a diamond sharpener but still had trouble reapeating that success??. so i was cruisin the internet for sharpeners and bingo came up with the accusharp, sounded to easy to be true???.
but decided they gave a money back guarantee it would do what they said [EASY SHARPENIN].so it came this morning in the post unwrapped it an grabbed one of my old khuks a sort of hanshee style, an began as the instructions said stroking it up the blade thumb on top for slight pressure, could feel action straight away, before you say hang on a minute it removes metal ,yes i know it does thats why i tried on an older khuk first, i ended up doing about 12 strokes to even the cutting edge and then 3 light pressure strokes and boy was it sharp, i looked at the blade liked what i saw and felt,put that one down grabbed onother oldy, a ghurka officers khukri with beutiful blade and has a horn and ivory handle of most unusual shape, insted if rounded all the way it is squared of on the sides and has ivory insets, gives good positive non slip grip, if any one interested it is for trade or sale.email me for pics. anyway back to sharpenin,i did the same with this blade only needed 5 strokes,and 3 light finishing strokes , again shave test no problem. then proceeded to do 4 other oldies, same results shavin sharp.NOW ON TO THE HI KHUKS, i approached these with a little more apprehension cos of the harder steel in these topquality blades, 9 strokes an you could feel the difference in the steel in about three differnt places on the blade, but again could feel it effortlessly doing its job, 3-5 light finishing strokes and again sharp as ****,same story with my two other hi"s,all in all about 15 mins for about 7 khuks and i also did the kadas on the hi"s nice an sharp now. the final job i did was the kagus katne same result nice an sharp.i then selected two blades to try out on some tree limbs in my back yard, i selected the ivory and bone handled officers khuk ,and the hi ww2. first i gave a tentitive chop at a 2inch branch with the officer khukri, wow nearly sliced straight through, ok now a good swing as if i was choppin enimies, and this time went through the 2inch branch like butter. sharp enuff for me back in its scabbard, onto the hi ww2 16.5inch select same size branch chop straight through as if it wasant there, one more for luck this time about 3inch same result bit harder impact, i was satisfied back inside to inspect blades. no problem on both rubbed em with a dry cloth then applied oil an back into there scabbards. so all you guys out there who cant sharpen for peanuts like me get one of these accusharps an you will be immpressed, if your not, like it says you get your money back, i can see why he gives this guarantee. thumbs up to this.

ONE LAST THING GO SLOWLY AS THE KHUKS HAVE LOTS A BENDS IN BLADE SO NEED TO BE CAREFULL SO YOU DONT CATCH YOUR FINGERS .
. regards ghorka.:) :) PS I HAVE ASKED UNCLE BILL TO PUT A PICTURE UP OF THE ACCUSHARP THE PIC TELLS IT ALL AN IT IS EASY.:D

I HAVE JUST NOTICED THERE IS A SLIGHT RAISED SECTION ON THE FRONT PART OF THE BLADE ABOUT 2INCHES BACK FROM THE POINT.very miniscule but iwill keep an eye on it next time i sharpen, but very happy with overall sharpness,ECEPT MADE A SLIP HANDELIN IT YESTERDAY, ouch small cut across knuckle but boy did it bleed, oh well i did want it sharp, but i wonder how sharp the khuks realy need to be ??, i seem to remember reading a thread here somewhere,saying they dont need to be as sharp as shavin, cos they will cut wood ect and general work when half as sharp . hmmm less accidenttal cuts, like the one i saw to someones thigh.

wow sounds like just what i need! I cna't go sending mine to Tom evry time it dulls!

Ghorka sent me a pix to post but it's about twice the alloted space and I can't get it reduced in size.

Lots of pictures are
here

I have a comparable tool from buck which I use for for kitchen knives. It works ok.

-Emile

thanks for puttin that lead to those pics of the accusharp.
i have tested it further, have sharpened 2 large cleavers,2 large carving knives, all came up excellent. did my last khuk also it came up a treat to shaves hair of yer arm, so thats good nuff fer me. this wont suit the sharpinin gurus as they like the exact angles razor popinn sharp ect,AND I DONT BLAME EM IWISH I COULD SHARPEN THAT GOOD, but i cant, and so for $14-15 bucks this gizmo sharpens fast an furious, an my khuks are sharp eneough now to chop down trees or lop of anythin else that needs loppin off.i will let you know how i get on as time goes by. i am going with the wife and no 2 son to our land in tasmania in september we have 2 -20 acre little farms there in a secluded little valley, its a great spot with running creek all year round and lots a trees, i will be takin along 3 khuks to give them a real hard trial, also takin the sharpener in case its needed.cant wait we will be there for 3 weeks. a report will be given when we get back. regards :) :)

Originally posted by Bill Martino
Ghorka sent me a pix to post but it's about twice the alloted space and I can't get it reduced in size.
Bill = send it my way. ***oops, just reread post = nevermind***

ghorka = your posts are so hard to read. please separate into paragraphs, etc. I think I'm going to go cross-eyed. ;) :rolleyes:

Back