The Vorpals are coming!! (Pics added 5/17)

BenR.T.

Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
As some of you know, I am going to be licensing and making Tom Maringer's line of Vorpal knives. I wanted everyone to chime in with which models they would like to see most. I will likely be water jetting them since they are such a material hog of a design with the double guards.
Chime in with which ones you like best! If you happen to have a Vorpal or two, you can post pics as well!

Also, I am in the process of getting the shoulder harness made as well. So I hope to be able to offer it with the release of the Vorpals.

Tom happened to be in my neck of the woods yesterday and was able to swing by. It was a pleasure chatting with him and his wonderful wife.

Ben this is great news.

I definitely want a set of #1,#3,#4

That's a great pic of you and Tom.:)

Cheers mate

You already have my order for the V-1B 8inch :) Can hardly wait to see these finished out! What an awesome adventure you are on!

Gotta love that 2, 3, 4 and 7. That way you have a good range of sizes. Are examples 5 and 7 sharpened half way on the spine, or just ground in that dagger style?

These Vorpal blades are bloody amazing. Every time I look at them I turn green with envy. There is just something so instinctively appealing about them.

Thanks guys!
I plan touching on all of them, once I get rolling I'll probably open up for orders.
I think most will get the black linen micarta and brass tubes like they were famous for.
Thinking about doing some of the series 2 with tero tuf scales. Thoughts?

I like the way your recent inspired tanto looked with the green canvas micarta :)

Progress. I am hoping to have one done to bring to blade and show around

V-2A

V-1A

Great news Ben. I'm looking forward to seeing those and meeting you.:)

So the V2a is not necessarily being done as a Tanto?
The only difference between v1a and v2a is length? As in the grind on the tip is arbitrary?

So the V2a is not necessarily being done as a Tanto?
The only difference between v1a and v2a is length? As in the grind on the tip is arbitrary?
I think you are mistaking the V-2A and the V-1C.
See the designations on the left side of the list.

Those look fantastic, really looking forward to these...:cool:

Back