The Warrior Monk

The warrior monk has blade length of 220 mm and was ground from Wirtz-Damascus.
Handle and sheath are made from Ibex horn and copper for the fittings.
Handle slabs are steel pinned and the tang is riveted over the butt.
Overall length is 365 mm.

this artists are always a big source of inspiration
perfect accoustic background while working on long time consuming projects

Cheers

118988-SH1-k-jpg

118989-SH2-k-jpg

118990-SH3-k-JPG

118991-SH4-k-JPG

118992-SH6-k-jpg

118993-SH7-k-JPG

118994-SH9-k-jpg

118995-SH9a-k-jpg

118997-SH9b-k-JPG

118998-SH9b1-k-jpg

118999-SH9c-k-jpg

119000-SH9c1-k-jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice comments, Gentlemen!:)

Grouser1741, I think its called frame handle or mortised tang.
Oversizing scales is also seen in history here and there, often on antique Kard knives.

Stumpy, I got a different look on the blade here:

Cheers

Thai style? I have a knife from Chiang Mai that is almost identical in pattern. Glad you used a flatter profile on the handle. I hate those round handles found on most Thai jungle choppers.

Sidehill Gouger: I hate them too:confused: I thought they only made them turned round to safe time
but I looked at historical swords in the National museum in Bangkok and they also had round handles.
...they missed the adantages of oval handle shapes since at least 800years....o_O

I don't know how I missed this beauty..... :eek:

I love the detail, materials and everything about it.

Man you are such a SHOW OFF :D I love your work and this one in particular stirs lust in my knife heart. :cool: Exceptional piece/set that I would be proud to use in my jungle. :thumbsup:

Really awesome blade indeed! May I ask where do you live? The style and everything does looks familiar with Thailand...

Really awesome blade indeed! May I ask where do you live? The style and everything does looks familiar with Thailand..
shqxk: I am amazed that you can see the difference, yes I live in Thailand.Its 20 years now.Thank You, shqxk!:):thumbsup:

JParanee, Thank You!:thumbsup:

Back