The "WAVE" prototype to debut at SHOT show 2016 (3"-3.25"!!!)

Arviee

Gold Member
Hey guys,

Been holding off my knife purchase and it looks like I did the right choice. Just look at this beauty and it's blade lenght is 3"-3.25" (7.62cm-8.25cm), just like we wanted!

88c6ac14796faa58b6277071610df1f7.png

P.S. not sure I love the lanyard hole peeking like that, but I'd need to see the other side to judge that. Otherwise looks really interesting!

The other side has just been posted. Imho I think the naked titanium handle (on the lock side) would have been better. Those *inlay type thingies* do not look natural, almost as if they were just put on top of the Ti handle and that was it. I'd prefer a more solid look. What do you guys think?

d712fb2e81382066a4e104745786eff0.png

Last edited:
Not sure, I am on the fence about it. You just don't see that very often. Might grow on me. I have changed my mine a couple of times just looking out it now.

The other side has just been posted. Imho I think the naked titanium handle (on the lock side) would have been better. Those *inlay type thingies* do not look natural, almost as if they were just put on top of the Ti handle and that was it. I'd prefer a more solid look. What do you guys think?

d712fb2e81382066a4e104745786eff0.png

Not sure, I am on the fence about it. You just don't see that very often. Might grow on me. I have changed my mine a couple of times just looking out it now.

Yeah, I experienced the same things. I'm just concerned about the corner, where the framelock is, being wobbly or prone to breakage.

At first, they struck me as too blingy! The two outer ones have grown on me some.

These are gonna be so expensive I bet.
That being said, Jim Skelton is already in for one :p

I actually said out loud as soon as I saw these posted "Jim Skelton is in for one" and then I scrolled down in the comments and, sure enough... :p

Does anyone know if the damascus pattern is really damascus or fauxmascus?

These look a little William Henry-ish...not that that's a bad thing.

hmm... Do you think it will be only with damascus blade? I would love to see it in more EDC version as well. With all this damascus it will be more showpiece than knife for use and it will be expensive. But looks freaking awesome though!

I really dig the inlay thingies. It's a beautiful compromise of a plain frame lock with the elegance of a sub-framelock. I really dig them.

Now it's official - this knife is AWESOME and I'm waiting for it! Sorry zt0450 and BM551-1.

This is a prototype but we are hoping to see them up for around $375. There will be upgraded versions with Damascus blades and premium + handles insets (carbon fiber, etc.). These will obviously be more but we don't have any solid numbers at this time.

[video=youtube;Ue09899Sc9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue09899Sc9U[/video]

Last edited:
I like the regular version with M390 and Ti inset better than the Damascus ones. Nice low eight under 4 ounces. Wish they had gone a little further and made the blade 3 inches exact.

Back