The "Whatever" Thread

you have to have a paid membership in order to be able to set a signature and add an avatar.

if anyone has a orange g10 knife of johns they wanna sell let me know. I think I only want one because I know they are rare

First day this week I let the weather keep me from hunting. There was a mix of freezing rain and sleet falling when I got up at 4:30 so I decided to stay dry and drink coffee. I've seen deer every day but haven't fired a shot. Unlike my hunting partner who couldn't help himself from being in the right place at the right time.
Monday we had to leave the woods early and on his way back to the Jeep missed an easy shot at a big buck. Thursday morning there was a vehicle parked where we planned to hunt so we went back to the area where he missed the buck. He insisted I walk the direction where he missed saying he didn't deserve another shot. He hadn't walked 100 yards the opposite direction when he shot a nice 8 pointer. The bright side is the one he shot isn't the one he missed so maybe I'll get lucky. Lack of shooting doesn't make a bad season. I've seen more deer this year than I have for a very long time and it's been enjoyable just watching them.

I love hunting my oldest is almost at that walk out in the Alaska back lands and get after it age. His mom is fighting me on it every year. he would hunt with me in the Appalachians for anything we could cook. I figure with all the snakes its more dangerous there

Hope you get a shot at that nice buck ... with a big snow storm coming in tonight the deer are moving alot ... saw a couple decent bucks this morning early ... headed back out soon to the stand they should be moving alot as the storm gets closer ...

have an older but still nice 8 point that is around but hasn't came within bow range yet ... and a real night bigger buck I've only caught glimpses of right at dark ... hoping the weather pushes him out ... if not gun season opens on the 1st.

Last edited:
Hope you get a shot at that nice buck ... with a big snow storm coming in tonight the deer are moving alot ... saw a couple decent bucks this morning early ... headed back out soon to the stand they should be moving alot as the storm gets closer ...

have an older but still nice 8 point that is around but hasn't cane within bow range yet ... and a real night bigger buck I've only caught glimpses of right at dark ... hoping the weather pushes him out ... if not gun season opens on the 1st.
you guys are killing me good luck on your hunts

Sorry I don't do pics but I will narrate:
Last Friday opened Illinois Gun Deer season and got down to the hunting camp set up by my old friend Bruce and his boys(popup camper, and couple tarps for a cooking area) in The Shawnee National Forest quarter million acres of go anywhere deer hunting, just right for a classic still hunting weekend. Walked up on a small fork horn buck Saturday AM after passing on a few does and the Ithaca 37 Deerslayer made meat once again. All week here we had perfect temps for hanging the deer in the garage and yesterday I skinned and butchered. The field dressing of the deer was handled this year with the JK Improved Bowie and all tho a bit larger knife than the JK Hannahs Hope that I usually use for field dressing. I decided to do the skinning and most of the butchering with the same knife. Thru all of this my JK never required any sharpening and was a delight to use.

Last edited:
November was not good. Between cancellations and other issues I’m way off for the month.

just had a sweet earthquake this morning ruin my day off and trash my house. nothing to bad though shouldn't need a worthless insurance adjuster. I really need to get a new renters insurance policy.

Thanks for the offer. I’m hoping to use the time to make some new designs, and post them for sale.

Back