The Whittling Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have completed my third item as an amateur whittler, a simple love spoon from a piece of green sycamore. I'm kind of influenced by the love tokens of the 18th and 19th century, some of which are relatively naïve. Others are tremendously skilled and intricate. But I'm not concerned with perfection and am quite pleased with what is my first spoon of any kind. Pleased to see my partner appreciates my carvings enough to have made a display of them on the dresser. The penknives I've added for the purposes of this post will, of course, have to be removed. :rolleyes:;)
Untitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr
Untitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr

- Mark
Great job!
Looking at the shoe, I can't help but think it would make a great knife stand. :)

Old boy is carrying an American Jack :D.
srohqDg.jpg
pqJor2w.jpg
lrvPk93.jpg

Now that this thread has been idle for a while, it's time to bring it to a close.

When I started this thread, I had hoped that it would spark discussion that was in addition to what was happening in the Whatcha whittlin' these days? thread in the Workshop subforum. Unfortunately, that's not what happened. Rather than expanding whittling discussion on BF, this thread moved a good chunk of it from one place to another.

That's a real shame and I feel badly about that. If only one whittling thread is going to get traction, it should be the original, epic Whatcha whittlin' one. It has a deeper history than this one and is also open to a wider base of contributors.

To @yablanowitz, I apologize for the reduction in posts to your Whatcha Whittlin' thread that happened because of this thread. I had not realized how big of an effect it had had until it was pointed out. I hope that it is not a permanent effect.

To everyone who has shared your whittling projects and thoughts here, thank you for contributing. I encourage you to share your future work in the Whatcha whittlin' these days? thread. Let's get it going moving again!

And, finally, to those who have enjoyed the photos here and have been so generous with your likes and comments, please pop over to Whatcha whittlin' these days? and turn on notifications so that you won't miss out on what's posted there. Posting momentum comes and goes, but the projects posted there are always worthy of a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back