The WorkSharp will do more than just sharpen a knife

Picked up an Ontario RAT 2 w/the D2 steel recently, and I gotta say, I really dig it, for such a cheap knife it's great. But, I couldn't leave it alone either, so I got after it with my Ken Onion edition WorkSharp and put a mirror-ish edge on it and and then put some chamfers the top of the spine to knock those edges off, 'cause they were so well defined they're kinda sharp.

Stock
8SiyiTmh.jpg

After ~5mins with the WorkSharp (it's hard to get decent pic of the chamfers along the spine)
EERGUyMh.jpg

Looks good. The Ontario RAT 2 is a nice size and lightweight. I have the regular AUS8 one in black.

Looks good!

I'm a huge of the Rat 1/2s in D2. One of the best (if not the best) bang for the buck blades out there. I own several of the Rat 1s in various handle colors. It is definitely worth a few extra dollars for the D2 imo.

The rounded spine looks great ! This is a "touch of class" that will really set a budget knife apart from the crowd. Must do this to my Sodbuster. I like it a lot as it is, but with a rounded spine it will be unique ! I can only concur to the Worksharp Ken Onion Edition being a fantastic tool. Beware, it's the gateway to purchasing a backstand !

Back