There can be only one

gruntmedik

Gold Member
I'm sure this isn't the first time this has been asked, but here it is:

You can have only ONE Spyderco, to use from here on out, for everything you carry a knife for.
A true, do-it-all Spyderco.

What would you choose? Model, steel, scales. If it doesn't exist, what would you create?

It'd probably be this one. It takes up a lot of pocket space, but does everything else well.
IMG_0776-X3.jpg

PM2 in 20CV/M390/204P with black DLC blade and hardware. Make the hardware titanium and the clip a deep pocket. Red CF scales without a lanyard hole and lop off the the excess length that it put on the handle... as you can see: I’ve never thought about this question.

And one more thing: don’t make it an exclusive. I hate how my favorite versions are all exclusives.

v9V5SoF.jpg

This guy. For sure. Best ergonomics, best steel(for me), and just one helluva knife. I think I could survive with only this in my pocket, but where’s the fun in that?

Only 1 out of the over 120 Spydercos that I own?

For me it would have to be the Autonomy 2.

An automatic w/a 3.5" LC200N blade (a versatile medium sized blade that's impervious to corrosion) that can used to cut/slice anything that you need to cut/slice and can be opened single handed (w/or w/o gloves on) under almost any conditions (hot/cold, wet/dry).

It's also very reasonably priced for a Spyderco (auto or not) at only about $188 MAP. So, it's not that big a deal if you lose or ruin it (and Spyderco can't fix it). Simply one of the best knives available from Spyderco IMO.

Yeah, you can't carry it legally in many places but, if I could only have 1 Spyderco, this is the one I'd choose to keep.

c165gp2.1.jpg

Last edited:
Para 2 M4 natural G10 no blade coating. just for the Steel and the lock. Perfect tip shape for me.

A close second for different reasons is the Pattada in N690. For this one it is the blade shape and handle shape though a bit pointy in the tip even for me.

Put M4 or HAP-40 in the Pattada with the compression lock and watch how fast I buy it ( or steal it ).

Last edited:
Back