There is only one way to break my Forsaken Steel Heart's virginity - By cutting whisky!

You read it right! Breaking my lovely new Forsaken Steel Heart's virginity by cutting directly into whisky.

That is, Whisky Cheddar!

DSntWel.jpg

QKfKyHn.jpg

While I was cutting it, I realized that the big Rambo grooves on both sides actually helped the thumb keep the blade steady by allowing the thumb to have a good grip, something to hold onto. I am liking this knife more and more!

How did you guys break your Forsaken Steel Heart's virginity? (Or any knives!)

That's a nice looking knife! :cool: You took it easy on her, now make her do some harder work like cutting veggies, fruit and meat. ;)

How do I break mine in, it depends on the knife. I used a Boney Active Duty exclusively in the kitchen, a Basic 3 cut a bunch of cardboard, and a 1311 took on a downed tree that was too large in diameter and the wood was too hard for a 3/16" thick blade.

Yes it looks like She Cut....The Cheese! :D You know the more I look at that knife the more I like it. You have any pics looking down at the tip, how thick is it? Thanks,

Nice! Thanks LE it looks nice and thick and not too likely to snap off if it was called upon to dig/pry a little. :thumbsup: I normally don't go around prying with knife tips but its nice to know it wouldn't break off at the wrong time. I've got bowies with nice thick spines but slender fragile looking tips/points.

Nice! Thanks LE it looks nice and thick and not too likely to snap off if it was called upon to dig/pry a little. :thumbsup: I normally don't go around prying with knife tips but its nice to know it wouldn't break off at the wrong time. I've got bowies with nice thick spines but slender fragile looking tips/points.

My bad, I didn't really realize you also wanted the thickness of the tip, so here you go!

FBNpXMP.jpg

OjWSNYu.jpg

7k5zYoa.jpg

FPu5UMx.jpg

The only Busse knife that I have ever heard Jerry recommend not prying with the tip is the Boney Active Duty because the tip is ground extra thin on a .13" thick blade (this probably applies to the .09" thick Elmax Busse knives also). Is it possible to break the tip on a thicker Busse blade, sure, but I would say probably not if you're doing anything near reasonable.

Yes she's a thick one from your pics and Thanks again for posting them they really puts things into perspective in the thick tip dept. It looks like maybe prying up man hole covers may cause some damage with her but I'm not too sure about that. Nice knife,

The only Busse knife that I have ever heard Jerry recommend not prying with the tip is the Boney Active Duty because the tip is ground extra thin on a .13" thick blade (this probably applies to the .09" thick Elmax Busse knives also). Is it possible to break the tip on a thicker Busse blade, sure, but I would say probably not if you're doing anything near reasonable.

Actually, I got the impression that if we do manage to break a thick knife's tip off during some hopefully heroic activity like rescuing a baby kitten from a locked up army tank that is on fire, then Jerry will gladly replace the knife and use the broken tip knife to re-tell the story all over the place as a form of free advertisement.

You read it right! Breaking my lovely new Forsaken Steel Heart's virginity by cutting directly into whisky.

That is, Whisky Cheddar!

DSntWel.jpg

QKfKyHn.jpg

While I was cutting it, I realized that the big Rambo grooves on both sides actually helped the thumb keep the blade steady by allowing the thumb to have a good grip, something to hold onto. I am liking this knife more and more!

How did you guys break your Forsaken Steel Heart's virginity? (Or any knives!)
That's one Gouda looking knife you have their. < Get it? Gouda! Thanks folks you've been a great audience and I'm here all weekend :D. Seriously Op thats one fine knife but don't be too easy on her, I here Busse's like it rough

That is an awesome blade! That Whiskey Cheese made me think of something. I got a box of all kinds of goodies from my sis at Christmas and there was something I'd never seen before, "Whiskey Sticks" straight pretzel sticks made with whiskey and dusted in like a dry chili spice mix - Those were quite tasty :D I did open the package my V8 so that added to the flavor certainly ;)

I see they must be quite popular as I looked on the fs forum this morning and two had gone up fs yesterday afternoon but Bam! all gone pretty quick. I wonder what one would look like with a nice soldered on single or double guard, Hmm!

I heard that Fred Perrin keeps his knives covered in cheese so if questioned about why he’s carrying a knife, he explains that he eats a lot of cheese. You could start using that too.

Back