Thermoplastic holsters for Military?

Are there such things? I'm looking for one with an open top to hold the knife tip up.
One more question, which material is better?
Concealex or Kydex?

Drop Mike Sastre from River City Sheaths an e-mail: videosas@aol.com He makes several style sheaths for various Spyderco models, and I know he has Military neck sheaths.

If you aren't familiar with Mike, he made the Concealex sheaths for the BF Blue Natives, and Matriarch. I have a bunch of his sheaths in Kydex and Concealex. Given the choice of both materials, I would chose Concealex over Kydex. I like how the knife pulls out of the 'C' - cleaner/smoother, and appears to be less abrasive to the handle and blade. You can get fancier designs in 'C' - like carbonfiber, camo, and so forth. 'K' is available only in solid colors. I notice the 'C' is gentler on your flesh when is slides around - smoother textured than 'K'.

Satre doesn awesome work - he can make ANY kind of sheath in any postion you want to carry your Military in.
smile.gif
Try him out.

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

Kept in touch with Mr. Sastre over the last two days about the sheath. Looks like I'll be placing an order for a Military model in a carbon fiber pattern. I'll let you people know how it turns out when I receive it.
Thanks again for your help.

jonny,

Here is a picture of a neck sheath for the Military that Mike made for Dexter Ewing.

<center>
C36NS.jpg
</center>

I have a couple of Mike's neck sheaths and his work is awesome. He's a really nice bloke to deal with as well
smile.gif

Dexter, I hope you don't mind me nicking your picture. Just wanted to see if I could do it
biggrin.gif

Take care,

------------------
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Back