They now sell case knives where I work

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
So where I work has always had a display of cheapo knives, and they still have those gas station specials but now the display is much nicer and at the top is a small selection of case knives.
I didn't get much time to really look as I was in line buying a snack for lunch, but instantly the Copperlock which is on my list jumped out at me as did the orange Sodbuster JR.
I've already got a a black JR , but love the orange so I may pick both up soon.
Definitely the Copperlock first as it has been next on my list for a while.
I think it's the dark red smooth bone but I'll have to get a better look.

It is , but they want $71.99 so I'll have to pass and pick one up online.

The orange delrin peanut is definitely cool, so is the mini blackhorn and little camo lockback are both well priced under $20 so I may pick one of them up.

Since you work there, perhaps you could convince them to give you an employee's discount on the copperlock.... show them the online prices, and see what they say. Worst they could do is say "no"..... is it the big one, or the mini ? I have a couple of the minis, and they feel very nice, in hand. I've never held the big one..

Since you work there, perhaps you could convince them to give you an employee's discount on the copperlock.... show them the online prices, and see what they say. Worst they could do is say "no"..... is it the big one, or the mini ? I have a couple of the minis, and they feel very nice, in hand. I've never held the big one..
It's similar in size to a sodbuster Jr, I guess that would make it the full sized ?

The only time they give employees a discount besides on certain foods on your lunch break is when they're clearing stuff out cheap and will do anything to get rid of it.

Last time we earned the peel of reward points cards I ended up with $60 worth, maybe it'll still be there next time I earn them and can get a real discount :D

Yes.... the net says that the mini copperlock and the sodbuster jr are both 3 5/8" closed. I used to like the bigger knives, but I have gravitated to the smaller ones... a 3" blade is about as big as I want to carry, at least in a pocket. Some of those I even carry on my belt, like my Lionsteel shuffler. I have been carrying my red copperlock in a Case horizontal belt sheath.

The hardware store I used to go to had a BIG display of Case knives and now it's all junk knives. :thumbsdown::(:mad:

The flea markets are where the Case knives are at!

Thanks, you reminded me to order one of the new sawcut bone cv Barlows today. First Case for me in years.

Is the Peanut under $20? That's a bargain. Get one for me too please.

I wish it was under $20 like the little caliber and mini blackhorn, but it's actually around $43 or so.
That's more than they sell for online but not too far off when you factor in shipping , and not having to wait is worth it to me.
I'll drop it in my pocket right away and evaluate it throughout the work day.
I bet it'll handle everything I can throw at it when my hands aren't too dirty to reach in my pocket and fish it out, out comes the little B&T in those situations.

I wish it was under $20 like the little caliber and mini blackhorn, but it's actually around $43 or so.
That's more than they sell for online but not too far off when you factor in shipping , and not having to wait is worth it to me.
I'll drop it in my pocket right away and evaluate it throughout the work day.
I bet it'll handle everything I can throw at it when my hands aren't too dirty to reach in my pocket and fish it out, out comes the little B&T in those situations.
I misread your other post. Still a good price, since you can hand pick the best one.

I misread your other post. Still a good price, since you can hand pick the best one.

Since they only ever had crap before I don't how the deal, but there's a chance the display knife could be the only one.
I'll find out tomorrow if I have the luxury of picking through them.

Back