They're Back?!

finer type work with a BK9? Like what? I find that shorter blades do "finer work" better.

you can make fuzz sticks and frgure 4 triggers comfortably all day with a BK9.I'm saying for a big knife your not limited to just chopping.:cool:
yes for finer work better I would use my RC-3 or RC-4.

iamtoast: The 2 and 7 will do fine chopping up to a certain limit. You will be able to discover their limits when you start chopping.

My comment was if someone does not do any chopping, what advantage would there be in purchasing a BK7 if you already have a Campanion?

My comment was if someone does not do any chopping, what advantage would there be in purchasing a BK7 if you already have a Campanion?

Someone once stated when asked, why did they climb Mt Everest. They stated "Because it's there".
I think that applies to this as well.

Lol, that much I can guess. But he said that the bk9 could do nothing that the bk7 couldn't so he didn't need a 9, I was just wondering with that same logic what the advantage of the bk7 would be if he already had a bk2.

Its just a curiosity question. I have read many times that a 4-5" knife is just able ideal for a survival/utility knife. One of the main advantages of a longer blade is the ability to chop, another would be to act as a scythe. He said he does not use knives to chop and I was just wondering what, for him, the benefit of the BK7 is beyond the BK2. If his answer is, "its a cool knife and I like it." That is more than good enough for me.

For me personally I am not as fond of saber grinds as I am full flat grinds. Although I would not classify any of the Becker's as a full flat grind, some are closer then others. I was curios if this made a difference to him also.

I would love to see a slightly downsized Becker knife.

Lengthen the BK11 blade to 4.5" - keep the shape and thickness - and add a Becker handle - maybe a slightly slimmed-down less beefy handle.

Back