Thiers Issard Razors

Hi Guys,

I was just looking for some advice. I'm just getting into wet shaving and have purchased a Thiers Issard Straight razor kit.
I was wondering, where do Thiers Issard razors stand? As far as quality? How does it compare to Dovo and some others?

Also, I don't know if somebody can tell me which model I've got and what steel it's made of. Can you tell?

The kit came complete with a bowl, soap, razor, strop, alum block and sharpening paste.

Thanks for all the replies, ahead of time.

Honestly dude, was this not given to you as a gift..? Thiers Issard is one of the top brands and if you surf onto a site which sells strait razors you'll find your model and find out everything about it. Don't worry about the steel, cuz it's good. You have a long journey ahead of you before you learn how to sharpen, hone and use your razor to a point where you don't get burns.

Hello my friend

I am a wet shaver too. I shave with SR for over a year now. TI are top quality and one of the 2 companies that still make SRs to this Day (other two are Boker and Dovo)

To learn more about wet shaving in general and Straight razors in particular I suggest registering on badger and blade forum I go by the same nick there see you soon

here is one of my TIs

DSC_0848g.jpg

Honestly dude, was this not given to you as a gift..? Thiers Issard is one of the top brands and if you surf onto a site which sells strait razors you'll find your model and find out everything about it. Don't worry about the steel, cuz it's good. You have a long journey ahead of you before you learn how to sharpen, hone and use your razor to a point where you don't get burns.

Huh?! What's your problem again?
I bought the set of a Canadian website, and I want to know this info. Your post is completely ignorant and useless. I know how to sharpen the razor and hone it as it's simpler than to sharpen a knife free hand, which I can do extremely well.
The website where I bought it from doesn't mention the model and don't sell the same razor individually.

So, Honestly DUDE... Thanks for nothing!

Ridnovir- thanks for your reply mi'll try to register to the forum when I get a chance and will look you up!

Cheers!

I don't know the particular model but in my experience every TI razor is a very good razor. As your first straight razor, it will serve you just fine.

Huh?! What's your problem again?
I bought the set of a Canadian website, and I want to know this info. Your post is completely ignorant and useless. I know how to sharpen the razor and hone it as it's simpler than to sharpen a knife free hand, which I can do extremely well.
The website where I bought it from doesn't mention the model and don't sell the same razor individually.

So, Honestly DUDE... Thanks for nothing!

Ridnovir- thanks for your reply mi'll try to register to the forum when I get a chance and will look you up!

Cheers!

I don't have a problem with you. Not at all. You just seemed so clueless that I was wondering if you had actually bought it or if somebody else had bought it for you. I mean, these razors are not cheap and with all of this in mind -- and the fact that you stated that you've just gotten into wet shaving, I merely pointed out that you have a long way to go before you'll find it a pleasure to shave with a strait razor (i.e. no burns). Sorry for making you feel offended.

Thanks for your kindness and clarification, stoffi!
You are a true gentleman!
It is ,y first razor, and I wanted a decent one. I really enjoy shaving with a straight, and am learning a lot! It's been about two weeks or so, and I got much better. Still lots of learning to do, but I'm loving it so far!
Thanks for everyone's support. Ridnovir, you rock! I'm addicted to this stuff, now, and on the Badger and Blade forum religiously!
Cheers!

Back