Thiers-Issard

I found a pair of Thiers-Issard scissors and was wondering if anyone knows anything about these

The company is still very active. They are based in France. I really like their straight razors. Excellent quality.

I have a Straight Razor made by The Thiers Issard Company. I got it about 7 years ago from the Garrett Wade mail order magazine. It seems like a good quality piece. I have also been told that it had really good steel. I would appreciate knowing more if anyone here does or has heard of it. :)

I have several TI straight razors and they are excellent Str8 razors.
May I ask what model you have and the blade width?

JD Spydo said:
I have a Straight Razor made by The Thiers Issard Company. I got it about 7 years ago from the Garrett Wade mail order magazine. It seems like a good quality piece. I have also been told that it had really good steel. I would appreciate knowing more if anyone here does or has heard of it. :)

Well Randy all I can tell you is what is on the razor itself. I has gold leaf work on it saying that it is Sheffield Silver Steel. Now on the tang it has the number 09 stamped on it and then right beside it says Medaille ARGI. It has a "tortoise shell" looking handle. ON the box it came it has the word SAM with an arrow drawn through it and below that it says DV 35 FRANCE. The width of the blade is about 11/16ths but not quite 3/4 of an inch. Now on my Starrett metric scale it says it is 17mm wide. That's about all I can tell you. JD

The Sheffield Silver Steel is one very good piece of steel for a straight razor. The hone up nicely and shave very well.
I have no info on the year of production for the TI models. Very simply, TI is one of the best straight razors. If you sold it on Ebay it should go for about $100 plus. They are seldom seen on Ebay and have an excellent reputation.

Back