Thin Light knife for runners????????

Ritt said:
I'll have to second (third? fourth?) the pepper spray One of the reasons I like pepper spray is that I like dogs, have a few myself, and I don't want to really damage them. Oh, and I do carry an old beater Delica with me when I run, even though I'm in neighborhoods now. I don't even notice it's there.

This might be a good time to clear something up :) I love dogs! Even the ones that chase me sometimes! If I "truely" worried about them tearing my legs off, Id probably agree with lots of you about the pepper spray. Mostly for the extended range! There a very minor threat right now, and I just wanted to upsize on the delica Im carrying anyway. Just because I dont see the point in going ANYWHERE without a knife at this point(knife knutiness disease! :D )

I agree about the pepper spray though! If i had to run through a pack of truly vicious dogs everyday, thats what Id be carrying!

If you're still looking for suggestions, you might want to take a look at the Camillus Cuda Heat, or the Buck/Mayo Northshore. Both are great lightweight versions of outstanding knives. Plus the Heat is an assisted opener.

DD

I'm with runsalone, the main point of running with a knife is..running with a knife.

Spydie Native or Salt1 are my current running shorts knives.

Back