Think we’ll see a Para 4?

Not sure what to call it, but essentially a smaller para- perhaps around the size of a delica, with compression lock & g-10 scales.
(Or maybe it would just be a delica with compression lock & g-10?)

Think one will come out?

I’ve always liked Spyderco but never owned one or planned to, until the para 3.
I loved the compression lock but they were only on the larger knives. I loved the smaller delica, dragonfly, calypso jr, etc but can’t get on with the back lock.

I recently got to see & handle the Para 3 for the first time (late to the party, I know) and it was love at first sight- the Spyderco goldilocks knife for me. Ticks all the boxes and now I’m doing some serious para 3 shopping.

But I’d still love to have a smaller delica size knife with a compression lock & g-10 scales as well.

Do you guys think one is possible?

I'm not sure I agree with the idea they sit in different categories. The Para 3 and Delica 4 have almost identical sizes in most dimensions, so I'd put them in the same category already.

Open length:
7.24" 7.14" diff .09"

Closed length:
4.29" 4.25" diff .04"

Blade length:
2.95" 2.88" diff .07"

Edge length:
2.62" 2.56" diff .06"

...pretty dang close

I wouldn't say never for a smaller Para since, after all, the Para 3 came out, and Spyderco seems to be coming out with small comp lock model after model these days.

If you like the Para 3, but wish it had a slimmer handle, do a quick google search for #para3skinny

This won't change the feeling in pocket, but it's a definite change in hand.

I'm not sure I agree with the idea they sit in different categories. The Para 3 and Delica 4 have almost identical sizes in most dimensions, so I'd put them in the same category already.

Open length:
7.24" 7.14" diff .09"

Closed length:
4.29" 4.25" diff .04"

Blade length:
2.95" 2.88" diff .07"

Edge length:
2.62" 2.56" diff .06"

...pretty dang close

I wouldn't say never for a smaller Para since, after all, the Para 3 came out, and Spyderco seems to be coming out with small comp lock model after model these days.

Wow, those numbers make them seem close. In photos & in person the size difference seems much more stark (mostly due to handle & blade width & height I guess).

https://www.stnicksknives.com/produ...k-para-3-delica-plain-edge-red-g10-spycombopk

OP - there is already a delica-size paramilitary, and it is called Para 3;) Do you mean a dragonfly-size para?

Back