Thinking about getting the Manix

I have recently purchased the PM2 and love it, its the only Spydy I own and I want another one!

I really like larger folders and was curious how you Manix owners think this stacks up against the PM2, I dont want the Military because its a bit large so one of my questions is the Manix worth getting or is it almost the same as my PM2?

Thanks for any input

I have 3 Manix 2s and 1 PM2. I prefer the wider handle of the Manix. Gripping a narrower handle tightly is less comfortable than a wider one, and aggravates the mild carpal tunnel syndrome I have. Blades are great on both.

I've had visions of both knives and I think the manix feels more secure in hand with slightly better ergos. Both have great locks too. It's just a matter of preference

I had both, a pm2 and a Manix 2, I traded my pm2 and carry the Manix to work everyday. It's a great knife and has a different feel than the pm2. I highly recommend it! I still think the pm2 is also a great knife, but personally prefer the Manix all around.

I have tried and tried but I can't carry the Manix over the Paramilitary. If you like larger knifes you should try a Military.

Love the Manix in all its incarnations from the old lock backs to the newer versions.

There is a thread going on another forum about a broken lock in a Manix, but that looks like a rare fluke. I actually posted in that thread that compared to the PM2 the Manix "feels" like a brute in the hand. My personal feeling is that the Manix "feels" like one of the strongest folders I've held. I don't own one because I strongly dislike any choil on my blades. If the weight of the Manix doesn't bother you, go that route (just my opinion).

I've been considering one as well. After getting a BM 531 though, I think the lightweight version may be in my future.
I really want a Military, but I don't like the colors they offer, and I'm not sure when I'd be able to lug around a 4" blade. Lol, certainly not at work.

I have a variety of Manix 2's, and a couple of PM2's. In comparison the Manix 2 is a bit heavier, feels more solid, is a bit taller when closed, and maybe the handle feels a little better to me. If I had to choose for EDC I would choose the PM2. If I had to choose for a working knife I would choose the Manix 2. And actually I have a couple of Manix 2's in my EDC rotation as well as a couple of PM2's. I have another Manix 2, with M4 blade, that I use for a weekend working knife.

DSC_1383c_zps21f6f278.jpg

photo2014-11-13bb_zps22eabc77.jpg

DSC_1369c_zpsa2ea3d84.jpg

IMG_2842b_zpsee007827.jpg

I have 3 Manix 2s and 1 PM2. I prefer the wider handle of the Manix. Gripping a narrower handle tightly is less comfortable than a wider one, and aggravates the mild carpal tunnel syndrome I have. Blades are great on both.

I'm the opposite. I have smaller hands and the Manix is on the thicker side. The Gayle Bradley is also a little uncomfortable for me personally. The PM2 is duable for my girly hands but the Caly 3.5 is perfect.

I have 3x Para 2, a Manix 2 FFG Cruwear sprint and a Manix XL.
My opinion, if you like the Para 2 and want something a bit larger, get a Manix XL. Awesome folder.

A thread with the same question was posted a few days ago, let me copy and paste my post from there on here,
I've had a Manix 2 FFG G10 (S30V) for quite a while now, I purchased it off a member here on the forums originally with the older clear plastic-cage. I have never owned a knife that formed so well into my hand, it feels like it was custom molded for me, and I also have never owned a knife that opened so buttery-smooth (thanks to that polished ball bearing) I find no need to lubricate it.
Let me tell you, this knife can tackle pretty much any non-destructive work you throw at it, no matter what I did, the lock-up remained solid with no blade-play whatsoever.
Then one day....I went to the fridge at night to cut some celery, I pulled out my Manix and I swear, as soon as the blade started cutting into the celery, I heard a snap inside the knife. Turned out the clear plastic cage stem snapped. I sent it back to CO and waited around 6 weeks for it to come back to my door, now with the updated black-cage.
It came back stiff, but after some tweaking, some loctite, and some RemOil, this knife is working better than it used to. I can safely say that my Manix 2 has outperformed my Paramilitary 2, which has developed blade play and very stiff opening from regular use.
You will love the Manix 2

Here is my past thread about the celery incident:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...cutting-celery

I own a PM2 and Manix 2 LW. The Manix LW is incredibly lightweight for its size and an excellent value. From your post, I assume you have the regular Manix in mind. It surely has a strength advantage over the LW in my opinion, but the LW is capable of handling probably 95% or more of the situations one might encounter. I personally have no issues with my LW's CTS-BD1, others find it lacking in edge retention. The new CPM-110v version addresses those users. While I prefer the PM2 for its ergos and locking mechanism, I feel like you really can't go wrong with either model.

No experience with the Manix lightweight models, but I bought one of the new FFG G10 Manix 2's earlier this year, and within the first few minutes knew I wouldn't carry it over a PM2. The knife is sturdy as hell, but it's heavier, much wider in pocket, I preferred the ease of one handed use of the compression lock over the Manix's lock, and did not like all the jimping all over the knife. Randy from solosknifereviews on YouTube recently put up a new video comparing the PM2 and Manix 2. Cool and calm guy that is generally objective in his opinions.

Saw a couple references to the Military in this thread. With my week or so of experience with it, one of the sturdiest and lightest carrying 4" folders out there. Really enjoying it.

If you can still find one get the manix in cruwear steel, you won't be disappointed :)

They're still available. I don't believe the place I know of is a Paid Dealer Member, though, so I can't post the shop name.

Thank You all for such detailed well written responses, bdmicarta an extra thanks for posting those beautiful knives.

Again I love my PM2 as an EDC and user, I think Im going to order a Manix after reading all this input and will plan on rotating it for awhile with my PM2.

Thank You all again,

Cheers

Back