Thinking about picking up a 2nd. Quick question.

Does anyone know the usual wait time for one? I've wanted a 4.1 for a while and saw that they are available right now.

Hop on it while you can! They'll go fast and the wait is unpredictable

As the site says..."Orders are scheduled to ship within 90 days." And it will no doubt take at least that long. I do not know if they mean business days or calendar days either, if it's business days, the wait will be longer. I am still waiting for a 4.7 CFV 2nd, and it's going on a little over 70 calendar days. But i am patient and the only other knife i want is a new spec 6. So committing the money to the purchase and waiting isn't a problem for me. If you order a 2nd, be patient.

It's difficult to figure out when we actually will receive our knives. I ordered my Factory 2nd 4.1 on October 17th with a "Orders are scheduled to ship within 45 days", which has been about 130 days or so. The Factory 2nd 4.7 in 20cv I ordered a week before that one I received within the 45 days as mentioned. The Factory 2nd 4.7 in 3v I ordered early December that was suppose to be 60 days has gone past the date. I would say a minimum of 90 days and be happy if you get it in 180 days. You might get lucky like I did with my first Factory 2nd 4.7 and just happen to order when the model is currently in production and a second pops up.

Personally, I'm beginning to realize that I'm not as patient as I thought I would be. I have 12 Survive! knives not including the two on order. Six of them were ordered direct from Survive! over the years and even before they moved their facility they rarely met the stated deadlines. That's why I've generally purchased my knives off the secondary markets. I've "overpaid" on a few that I didn't want to wait for, but have also gotten some really good deals on users from other members. The good deals tend to get picked up quick, so you have to constantly check the fixed blade sales or the Survive! Fans FB page.

Back