This company has failed us

Status
Not open for further replies.
After four years old broken promises and 6 orders total stemming from pre-orders, ugly betties, and SK's, I cannot have faith with this company anymore. Supporters can say what they want, but the truth is, this company will not flourish due to lies, fraud and horrendous delivery time.

I'll also give you my 6M root cause as to why this company is doomed

Man- Guy does all the assembly, sharpening, etc..While Ellie and Jordyn helps out in packaging and shipping. The additional personnel from Millit knives are rendered useless as their Machines are doing all the work.

Method- There is no method, this a Mom and Pop shop run company that has no background in running a business or even have the initiation to learn business management. In addition, there is no manufacturing layout. Guy sharpens or assembles knives depending on what he feels like doing on certain day.

Machine- There's no issues, the ineffectiveness of Man to run a business does not affect machine.

Material- There are a lot of Scraps that was sold as seconds and reworks that added to workload. In addition, multiple revisions of the specifications added to the issue.

Measurement- The specifications that were initially provided to the to the 3rd party suppliers were lacking or unclear that lead to a huge scrap/seconds.

Mother Nature- Multiple relocation's, failed partnerships, Inability of management. In addition, refunds will incur a fee for business reasons.

Risk Assessment of purchasing knives from this company

Based on the 6M root cause analysis, Guy Seiferds inability to make business decisions and make up some BS, there is a high risk that you will never get your product. The company will shutdown before they can deliver. Even a lawsuit won’t get your money back.

This is also backed by the frequency of deliveries from the Pre-orders, ugly betties and S!K's

The number of deliveries divided by the total number of orders multiplied by 100

2000/10000 x 100 = 20% rate of delivery

Last edited:
After four years old broken promises and 6 orders total stemming from pre-orders, ugly betties, and SK's, I cannot have faith with this company anymore. Supporters can say what they want, but the truth is, this company will not flourish due to lies, fraud and horrendous delivery time.
It would have been nice to see this company "survive" and thrive as it is a U.S. company. From what I can see and from what I hear, their knives are made quite well (when they are actually made). But their business practices and endless excuses have earned them their failure and status as an unreliable company IMO.

It would have been nice to see this company "survive" and thrive as it is a U.S. company. From what I can see and from what I hear, their knives are made quite well (when they are actually made). But their business practices and endless excuses have earned them their failure and status as an unreliable company IMO.

These guys are a legend in the BS game. They needed new management maybe, or maybe less slow workers.

One thing is for sure, they squandered an outstanding market position and hype they had.

2 things for sure, CPK is laughing to the bank.

After four years old broken promises and 6 orders total stemming from pre-orders, ugly betties, and SK's, I cannot have faith with this company anymore.

You probably waited 3 years 9 months and ordered 5 more knives necessary to come to this conclusion. I never entered the preorder game, grabbed a handful 2nds/UB and sold off all but 2 of their knives, . They are the best knives at their price point I own, and if I was inclined would only grab another in the exchange, not direct (orders closed a while back anyway).

Call for your refund and move on, too many other great knives out there. Or grab one on the exchange if you so desire.

What other knife companies would you put in the same category? Similar in design, function, materials, quality, cost, etc?

I've had a lot of Survive knives...loved them all. I've given them to sons and sold quite a few. I loved the company when it was still in Pa; the move out west was the death-knell. It's too bad. I liked both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back