This is awesome!

On the Busse subforum, a member has been hammering a game warden through all sorts of materials. He was taking requests, and someone suggested chopping another knife in half with it. He had a Cold Steel Bolo Machete, and gave it a go. Here are the results.

I took a few close up shots of the edges of the Warden, and the machete.

This is the machete, you can see how much deflection it took to chip out the INFI. An insane amount!

I think the chip is still in there, it's hard to tell because I hit it a time or two after it cracked, and rounded out the torn steel.

And the Warden. These are pretty gruesome.... Probably NSFW......

I warned you.....

Anyway, I don't think a CS Machete would break in half, because of some errant contact with a buried cinder block. Tough little buggers, if they can let a thicker INFI blade, with more steel behind the edge, know that it was in a fight.

I know of someone who put the tip of a Busse sword through a steel street sign and tried to cut through it with a powerful swing making edge-to-edge contact with the street sign. In both cases, the Busse was unscathed. But then there was the fellow who tried to break down a porcelain toilet using a Swamp Rat (IIRC) and that didn't turn out so well. I say if you're going to use a knife for non-knife activities, well...that might not be the smartest thing.

Glad to see the CS stood up as well as it did.

While I am a fan of both brands, and have several knives of both brands, I don't think the Busse fared all that well. Gotta be serious here, it's a terrible idea to hammer steel through steel, but his knife, his choice, who am I to judge? That said, the CS let the Busse know it was in the fight. Interesting.a

Man, I could never do that with one of my Busses. Is it crazy that I'm more impressed with the results of the $30 machete then the $300 Game Warden? I will give him props for not keeping it as a safe queen like I've been guilty of at times.

The myth that infi is magically better than any other steel that it can actualy chop through it without major damage, is in the realm of religious style blind faith. Im all for guys having fun with their knives so im not calling the knife chopper a blind faith fanatic ...but believing it would is odd to me. So be it.

Interestingly cold steels machetes tend to run soft compared to imacasa and tram and ontario etc. Not sure if that helped it or not.

If I recall correctly Cold Steel runs its machetes about 54HRC, which they call a spring temper. It keeps the machete tough while holding a decent enough edge for the usage you'd normally put a machete to.

And yes, knocking a chip out of the Game Warden was impressive... although chopping through knives with other knives is just a tad silly.

I say if you're going to use a knife for non-knife activities, well...that might not be the smartest thing.

Glad to see the CS stood up as well as it did.

Yupper. I have seen a few Becker BK-2's broken through batoning also, so you never know I suppose. I admit some surprise to this experiment though.

On the Busse subforum, a member has been hammering a game warden through all sorts of materials. He was taking requests, and someone suggested chopping another knife in half with it.

LOL!

Like to see him try that on my Rasul. Vanadis 23 is silly.

LOL!

Like to see him try that on my Rasul. Vanadis 23 is silly.
I have Enki & Rasul , the Enki got chiped tip and it's vanadis4e , no supersteel can hold a very thin edge an be unbrakeble. My 2 cents
d12ea614519bb1f9d9218e00db76c4ba.jpg

And I love the new cold steel knives in xhp and 3v , they are tough.
4e9f5ef0cd5a7fa457106e99f7c2d3fb.jpg

Back