This Looks to be MagnaCut, Not S45VN, Right?

Very much Magnacut, and the Inkosi's are somewhat rare in the wild in that steel.

I started a thread about glass blast that caused so much confusion that it was nauseating. Does it appear that they glass blasted before, or after the linen was added. They will glass blast the linen if you send it back in now, but I'm just not sure if they glass blast the micarta/linen inlays on brand new knives.

I used a loupe to get a close look and from my inspection it appears they glass blast after the inlays are installed. The reason I say that is because the exposed surfaces of the inlays have zero linen fibers exposed but if you look really close you can see them (fibers) down in the pocket recess. So I'm guessing the glass removes the exposed fibers giving the micarta a smooth yet subtly textured surface.

I saw a video from SHOT Show and Tim explained they blast after inlays are applied- but I don't recall if he was referencing new production builds or glass blast for customers that return them for that service.

In any case, they feel great!

Thanks so much! I hate micarta on the small sebenza's I've tried - maybe I'm just a wimp but I find them way too abrasive for my hands. I've always wondered if I would like the glass blasted version of micarta vs. sand blast. I always forget if the linen or micarta is more rough. But the red linen is a great looking inlay, especially on the inkosi. I have always been a fan of the two inlay look of the show face on the inkosi.

To answer the question of new box and card... CRK immediately offered to replace both and they are shipping them out with expediency. A great company doing awesome things for customers.

In the meantime the twins are doing fine, although the insingo is waiting for it's lanyard, also en route from Boise--

IMG_3981.jpeg

Sweet find by the way! KSF red linen inkosis in magnacut are definitely unique right now - not many of those out there!!
I had a large Inkosi from KSF with the red micarta. However , I was foolish enough to sell it. I’ve been trying to decide which Sebenza to buy these last few days but I’m somewhat tempted to get the KSF red micarta Inkosi again. Decisions , decisions.

I had a large Inkosi from KSF with the red micarta. However , I was foolish enough to sell it. I’ve been trying to decide which Sebenza to buy these last few days but I’m somewhat tempted to get the KSF red micarta Inkosi again. Decisions , decisions.
Great knife either way. I would say it depends on if you want magnacut. If you don’t, then the red linens do hit the exchange at a discount so it’s worth waiting. But that high HRC of magnacut has given me the most laser beam out of the box CRKS I’ve ever had. So yeah - decisions decisions!

Back