This weekend

There is a show on Sunday , mainly militaria but also one or two knife dealers. I'm going to meet a few fellow knife nuts and I am also seeking something old , folding and sharp to drop in my pocket .
I'll let you know if I'm lucky . This forum really has inspired me.:thumbup:
Thanks ,
Paul.:D

If you happen get down my way (Henley) one weekend in car boot season, Ratel10mm (I think you know him from BB) & I'll take you to one on the A3 that's usually got good hunting.

I am sooo jealous of my UK buddies, getting to look through those old Sheffield pieces. Have fun guys and good hunting!

GUs, you'd be surprised how hard it can be to find decent examples of old knives over here. You have to look long & hard to find the good ones, & then usually have to pay top price.
Although Paul may know different of course, it's certainly been my experience.

The good ones usually have a good price attached, as I found out yesterday, didn't stop me though . One english jack ( Lockwood , 'real pampa knife' marked on the blade and one small sportsman knife ( C Johnson , flag brand ) , now safely at home with me , both with good stag handle scales and in very good condition . I paid £60 and £90 for them respectively, so that gives an idea of the prices over here in the UK .

OW!! OW OW OW OW OWOWOWOWOWOOWOW!!!!

My other half would kill me if I spent that amount on a knife! ;)

I'm sorry I had to miss it though, it'd have been a good day out I reckon.

Wasn't free money FG , I had to sell a couple of more modern types to fund them , but thats part of the bargain in my eyes. Sometimes you just have to pay .
As an aside , a dealer I know quite well showed me a mint Sheffield bowie with a London mark he was trying to sell for a friend , asking £800. It was a beauty .Other dealers declined it . He then showed it to the Middleton brothers , who rated it at £2000. It sold to a collector for near that .

Back