Thistle - The product of me dipping my toes in the water

We've got a couple lookers right there!

So here's a question, are you feeling out your preferences for filework? I mean, is there one style you're leaning towards as a "go to" style, or do you expect to just keep trying new things with each new piece?

We've got a couple lookers right there!

So here's a question, are you feeling out your preferences for filework? I mean, is there one style you're leaning towards as a "go to" style, or do you expect to just keep trying new things with each new piece?

Thanks David.

Hadn’t really thought about it yet...there are some filework styles that I really like, but for now...just trying new stuff. :)

ETA:I’d like to hone the filework craft...I actually did all the filework over a year ago before things got HT...so back then, I tried a few different patterns.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong Coleman - 5 for 5 - but I've learned that I can't have them all, so I specialize :D

Just finding the time to finish up the last one and move on to sheaths has proved to be a challenge. With work being busy and at all times of the day and night, plus fishing season and hunting season....oh man...

fingers crossed I get some time soon.

Back