Thistle - The product of me dipping my toes in the water

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Sharp & Fiery, Jun 14, 2020.

1. David Mary

David Mary KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    We've got a couple lookers right there!

So here's a question, are you feeling out your preferences for filework? I mean, is there one style you're leaning towards as a "go to" style, or do you expect to just keep trying new things with each new piece?

2. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Thanks David.

Hadn’t really thought about it yet...there are some filework styles that I really like, but for now...just trying new stuff. :)

ETA:I’d like to hone the filework craft...I actually did all the filework over a year ago before things got HT...so back then, I tried a few different patterns.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  3. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Thistle # 3 & Thistle # 5 woohoo :thumbsup: They are all pretty sweet but those 2 get my woohoos :D

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  4. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    2 outta 5, I’ll take it! :)

Thank you for your kind words always, Ray. Very encouraging.

5. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Don't get me wrong Coleman - 5 for 5 - but I've learned that I can't have them all, so I specialize :D

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  6. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Really enjoy seeing your work, looking very good.

WValtakis and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  7. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    Josh, thank you for your encouragement. Keeps the fire alive. Much appreciated.

8. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    Five Thistles all lined up, all with their own uniqueness. One to go, and then on to sheaths...
    85B0CF78-697B-4C31-B102-479A68F4C33D.jpeg F4A6E3F5-BD25-4129-BF22-3AD169E452A4.jpeg 1A6CF756-7369-4C71-845D-963415B1A133.jpeg

9. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    Just finding the time to finish up the last one and move on to sheaths has proved to be a challenge. With work being busy and at all times of the day and night, plus fishing season and hunting season....oh man...

fingers crossed I get some time soon.