thought I'd found a cure for HIKV

the hubris. Da noive.

Anyway, I call it the Valentine's day chitlangl. Got one a couple weeks ago. Uncle Bill didn't post any pix and I couldn't recall anything about what they looked like, but I went ahead on the strength of Yvsa's comment that it's one of his favorites--of course, I know full well they're ALL his favorites, but still, that was good enough for me. It's a really cool piece. Cross-hatching on horn handle and bolster, and easily the most comfortable handle of any K I've ever held, mushrooming out to a wide rounded cap. In profile the blade looks like a sirupati, only it's double-fullered. And the cho is an enclosed heart, which is why I think of it as the Valentine's day chitlangl. With the double fullering and incredibly sure handle it's surprisingly light and very easy to control. Made by ? The sign is a line with two triangles attached. Whoever that is now.

I've had this thing out on my desk for a while now, and I recently realized I no longer seemed to be prowling around for UBDOTDs. No longer was I one of the circling sharks. I really believed this K might have cured my HIKV. In fact, I was even meaning to get around to writing a post to share my discovery. Then yesterday, while just checking in to see what's up at HI, I saw Bill's announcement of a dinged silver dhankuta for sale, and bam--it was like somebody flipped a light switch. Before I knew it, it was heading my way. Go figure.

...Only temporary fixes. Some last longer than others, but they are all temporary.

Moch,
Look at a M43,only one word to describe the desire for this K,"LUST"(that's right Paxton,"LUST")!Don't worry I have "saved" you,& others from this torment!Uncle is recieving a "blank check" to cover the next shipment of M43'S!:D Then I will send "another" ck. for the next shipment etc.!hee! Be advised ,I'm cornering the M43'S!
jim: :p

as Tsimi suggested, and looked at my M43...nice forward curve...good weight-foward feel, not unbalanced by any means...more and more comfortable every time I pick it up....AND TSIMI DOESN'T HAVE IT Hehehehehe

Just wait until the Cherokee Rose hits the US Shores and makes their way to Reno.
If they turn out near as well as what we're expecting HIKV will have taken a whole new turn and will include large H.I. made Bowie Knives.:eek: :rolleyes: :p :cool: :D

...not patiently, but I am waiting. Time for another pot of coffee.

I already have my request in! Looks like another blank ck! Wal. Nobody can drink a whole pot of coffee!:barf:Glad you got your "one"
M43! bWAAA!
jim

Originally posted by jim_l_clifton
Wal. Nobody can drink a whole pot of coffee!:barf:

jim

Tsimi don't know us very well, Do He? :rolleyes:
There's *many* the time I've drank a "whole" pot of coffee by myself.:eek: :p :cool: :D

And just because I did doesn't mean I could set still, actually I vibrated *Everything* within 50 feet.:p :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by Walosi
...not patiently, but I am waiting. Time for another pot of coffee.

Yeah, I'm kinda wishin' I hadn't brought the Cherokee Rose up, but I wanted to share my impat, er, patience with everyone.;) :p
Not really.:)
But I am waiting as patiently as possible while trying to keep Bro's litany in mind, "Patience Bro. Patience. The more patience we have the more apt the Rose is gonna be all we all expect.:D
Along with hopefully the *surprise* that's coming along with it.:p :cool: :D

Long Live HIKV!!!!:)

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!:D

Does three pots on an average day tell you anything??? That's at one rounded tablespoon per cup. "Oilfield" coffee. Can only be stirred with a stainless spoon.

My kind of coffee but I've cut down to only about 8 cups per day. 6 in the Am and two before bed.

Our coffee has been touted for use in cleaning concrete and car battery terminals. 36 oz. water to 7 heaping scoops of beans (before grinding ) we can only make 8 cups in our 12 cup machine because we run out of room in the filter basket. Unsuspecting visitors report increased productivity in housecleaning overnight, while not sleeping, following a few cups of "Ambrosia" as we call it.

My dad drinks lightly tinted water: 2 scoops of maxwell house to 12 (yes, 12) cups of water:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: !!!

My Grandpa, restaurant owner for 40 years, made coffee that spoons would stand up in. I guess the love of strong coffee skips a generation.

BTW: If ya'll really want some fantastic coffee, Check out <www.ravensbrew.com>. coffee roasters of the gods. We've been getting our coffee from them for the last 4 years. Though they are in Alaska, it is the freshest coffee you'll find anywhere. Small batch roasted and sent priority mail. Usu. 5 days to us on the east coast. If anybody gets some Raven's brew, let me know whatcha think.

-Craig

8:30 and I'm on cup 3. I drink the "gourmet" coffee from the supermarkets -- about $8 per pound.

After two years before the mast drinking US Navy coffee I can drink about anything except the "tinted water.":barf:

Back