Thoughts on edc knife design ?

Hi ,
Me & a friend currently work in cnc engineering environment.
Developing our edc knife & wondered what your thoughts might be.

Do people look for a clip when carrying a edc knife, did some research and had mixed reviews.

Using tx10 screws over standard hex ?

Brass button for self lubrication properties over other materials

Thoughts on profile.

Thanks for looking sorry about the link hard to embed photos with imgur
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ML9UQXZ

hlNda6L.jpg
T80yE9v.jpg

Click on the share button and then copy link button. Then click the picture button next to the smiley face and paste it.

you know I worked in CNC engineering environments since 1991, I wrote my first CAM programs in 1992 using Point Control's SmartCAM and MCS Anvil 5000. It never once occurred to me to utilize that training to make knives. But good for you, I think you have a refreshing design :thumbsup:

as far as the "mixed reviews" you will find that everyone is different...
you could easily design for with-clip or no-clip option, you could inset the clip and use one screw.
you have a large lanyard slot so perhaps that's an option for a clip location?

people seem to like the torx screws so I would go with T10

on the profile it's hard to understand the proportions so I can't really see where the forefinger would go?

are you using standard razor cutting blades? or will there be a blade you make?

Hey you could have the button be the pocket clip. And the clip hanging in the pocket helps keep it closed.

Click on the share button and then copy link button. Then click the picture button next to the smiley face and paste it.
Thanks Matt

you know I worked in CNC engineering environments since 1991, I wrote my first CAM programs in 1992 using Point Control's SmartCAM and MCS Anvil 5000. It never once occurred to me to utilize that training to make knives. But good for you, I think you have a refreshing design :thumbsup:

as far as the "mixed reviews" you will find that everyone is different...
you could easily design for with-clip or no-clip option, you could inset the clip and use one screw.
you have a large lanyard slot so perhaps that's an option for a clip location?

people seem to like the torx screws so I would go with T10

on the profile it's hard to understand the proportions so I can't really see where the forefinger would go?

are you using standard razor cutting blades? or will there be a blade you make?
Agreed on mixed reviews,
Was currently using a M2 thread with hex but found it would be easy to cause damage to the head which such a small key so changed it up for the t10 with a more solid approach.
Even though it’s designed so it’s a easy blade release without having to take it apart.
I like your idea behind having the clip as a option and add on around the screw locations near the lanyard hole.

Appreciate the feed back guys and kind words

Hey you could have the button be the pocket clip. And the clip hanging in the pocket helps keep it closed.

Thanks,
It’s internals are design so the button has a safety feature.
You need to push it down and move the blade all in one motion and it locks back into place.
Stops the blade from coming out in your pocket.

Blades are your every day hardware store standard issue. So cheap to replace and easier to ship without a blade included.

Back