Recommendation? Thoughts on Schrade SCHF56's 1095 steel

Hi,
I have been looking for a knife just like the relatively new Schrade Small Frontier SCHF56M. For my needs, it's seems to be a good fit. My only concern is their 1095 steel and it's hardening. I am willing to spend a little more, but this knife would work well. Is Schrade's 1095 worth considering, or should I look further? If I was to look further, what knives would be good canidates?
Thanks in advance,

Long ago i was looking at Schrade knives, but seen way too many broken knife images.
I dug a little deeper in my wallet and went with a couple ESEE models instead, have never looked back.

Maybe a ESEE RB3 would suit you

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have seen at least 2 on YouTube. By the way, I cannot find the Rc rating for this knife. Does anyone know what it is?

I think it depends on your intended use. If you intend to use it occasionally, like on a few camping trips or an occasional hunt, it will probably do just fine. But if you plan to use your knife hard, or if you might get in a situation where your life might depend on a good blade, then spend the money on a better knife. Also, if you just like the idea of owning a better quality knife then spend the extra money.

I believe you are right. I just became aware of the "Real Steel Observer" It's a similar style, has a heavy blade, made of 440C, comes with a kydex sheath and firesteel, for around $50. The reviews I have seen (mostly german, a few in english) indicate the steel really holds an edge, and in general is pretty nice. It seems like quite the deal.
Does anyone have any experience with it?

Back