Thoughts on zippered cases?

I've been thinking of buying a few of the zippered knife cases to go with knives I sell, what's everybodies take on this? How many do this and are they good for long term storage?

Thanks,

Will

Every knife I ever sold went out with a zippered case and instructions to store the knife in the case and out of the sheath. Every custom knife I own, whether I made it or in my collection gets stored in a zip case. Never, ever had one rust in almost 30 years. I put a light spray of WD40 on the insides when I occasionally look at em.

That's my take on zip cases.

Almost all my knives with a blued finish never see a sheath. They are sold and stored in a zippered case. Collectors like them because there is no chance of damage from knives rubbing together in the safe. The user knives are a different matter, they get a sheath and some hard use.

Hey Guys....

If you are looking for Zipper pouches, Rick Frigault, or Frigault Custom Knives has a new line of zipper pouches available...

I seen them at the Toronto Canadian Guild show,, and they are really nicely made,professional looking with a variety of outer shells including Camo...

Rick can be reached here :

rfrigault@cogeco.ca

ttyle

Eric....

Protection aside Will, they add that last professional touch. All this pens I made this year went out in fitted cases. They cost about $3.00 and made a world of difference in the presentation.

It's just a nice touch as well as being very practical.

Thanks Guys, been trying to work on that "professional touch" and "a little something extra" I think I'm going to get a bunch of them so the next ones I sell will have there own pouch.

I am making the zippered knife pouches as said by Normark.
The thing that is going to make them different then others, is they are going to be offered an option to "Personalize" each pouch with thier logo or name on the outside of the pouch!!
I am still working on the pricing to keep them very reasonably affordable for all!
They are offered in black cordura and mossy oak camo!
For now I have 5 size ( these sizes are inside, zipper to zipper)
They are;
2x41/2
2x51/2
3x73/4
3x93/4
4x133/4
(more sizes to come), (let me know what sizes you are looking for)
The pricing runs from about $4.00 to $10.00 for the sizes on hand.
To "Personalize" your pouch, contact me for a quote.
Let me know what you think, and want, as far as sizes go!

Back