Thread for showing off Custom Sheaths.

Just got this one today. I asked Mike for a sheath to fit the 650 and 119 with top of guard ground down. Also wanted to try something different I wanted a clip instead of a belt loop. Due to symptoms of dunlap disease I don't like wearing a belt, not to mention having to change it to a fresh pair of jeans daily.
I will post his pics as they are better than I can take and a couple of mine with the 119. and blue thread.
Sheath, Buck 119 & 650 a.jpeg Sheath, Buck 119 & 650 b.jpeg Sheath, Buck 119 & 650 c.jpeg Sheath, Buck 119 & 650.jpeg Buck 119.jpeg

Today I received probably the nicest sheath I have made by Mike.
I have a number of them, but this one is special. I swear it feels like a piece of leather furniture. View attachment 1256829 View attachment 1256830 View attachment 1256832
Mike, your work is amazing.

Craig, Thank you!

That thing even looks soft in the pics lol. That turned out really nice. Not a big flap fan but I really like that.

Just got this one today. I asked Mike for a sheath to fit the 650 and 119 with top of guard ground down. Also wanted to try something different I wanted a clip instead of a belt loop. Due to symptoms of dunlap disease I don't like wearing a belt, not to mention having to change it to a fresh pair of jeans daily.
I will post his pics as they are better than I can take and a couple of mine with the 119. and blue thread.
View attachment 1257090 View attachment 1257091 View attachment 1257092 View attachment 1257095 View attachment 1257099

The contrast of the blue is very nice. Good choice. Personally I find Mike's leather belt loops more comfortable than metal or plastic clips. They dig into the new dad gut when I sit. :oops::oops::D:D

Mike. Great job on your sheaths as always.

Time to make this thread more current.
Awhile ago Mike made me a sheath for a 914, but the guard was so big he had to make me another. My fault as he didn't have the knife, but he came thru and provided me one that worked.

Well I got a new 914 with a smaller guard, a really cool handle and it fits the first sheath. Almost like he can see into the future.:)
Thanks Mike!
View attachment 1271198 View attachment 1271199 View attachment 1271200

Last edited:
Time to make this thread more current.
Awhile ago Mike made me a sheath for a 914, but the guard was so big he had to make me another. My fault as he didn't have the knife, but he came thru and provided me one that worked.

Well I got a new 914 with a smaller guard, a really cool handle and it fits the first sheath. Almost like he can see into the future.:)
Thanks Mike!
View attachment 1271198 View attachment 1271199 View attachment 1271200
I can see winning the lottery in the future.:thumbsup:

I can see winning the lottery in the future.:thumbsup:
That would be cool.
Go camping, hunt, fish, travel, and of course make leather items in your spare time......
Eat more steak too.
Yep.
I might even take the time to grow my own salad.
Always wanted to do that.
I'd have to stop buying knives long enough to enjoy my new boat.
Keep in mind I helped point this talent out........
:D

Impressive stuff.
I like the contrast stitching. That pin retainer is cool. The tooling is nice.
That last one is good lookin.
It's neat to see your work evolve into the quality it is.

Impressive stuff.
I like the contrast stitching. That pin retainer is cool. The tooling is nice.
That last one is good lookin.
It's neat to see your work evolve into the quality it is.
Thank you. Its been a learning experience. At least im not tossing many sheaths these days. Mistakes on stitching in leather. By chance i have a mis stitch i will more than likely toss it. Unfortunately that part is towards the end of the project.

These sheaths are some high quality last a lifetime sheaths ,they look very well designed and made to last.Nice work.

The sheath I posted on #408, I put some leather conditioner on the untanned side of the leather and it made it look a bit better.
I'm thinking it may help it look better longer.
Mike can correct me if needed.
Thanks

Back