Thread preview ability

I purchased a new laptop, a HP Pavilion x360. On this and another forum I read, I no longer get the preview popup when you place your cursor over the thread title. I have looked in the settings section on Chrome but find nothing and looked in the forum setting and don't see anything about this issue.

Any suggestions to correct this. I really like to preview the thread to see if I am interested in it prior to opening the thread completely.

thanks

John

I am not completely sure but think that the function needs javascript turned on.
Try this (from Google).
  1. Open a window in Google Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More
    ArAlBcUAe8h1l5m69uxnwElxkqwW0QdtIc3F
    nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=w13-h18
    Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
  5. Select Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended) in the "JavaScript" section.
  6. Click Done.

Edit: Yep. When I turned off javascript, I no longer saw the preview.

Last edited:
Javascript seems to be turned on in my browser settings. Tried setting the windows setting to allow javascript as well but the preview still isn't working for some reason.

But thanks for your suggestion.

I am experiencing this issue with my new HP 360 computer which has a touch screen. None of my other computers have this issue.

I noticed that Glocktalk and Bladeforums uses the same Xenforo program for their forums and the preview balloon doesn't work on either site. However someone said to check SmithandWesson forum which uses vBadvanced for their forum and the preview balloons work on that site.

Any suggestions from a solution to this issue. Really like this new computer but this issue surely does negatively impact the pleasure of surfing the forums.
thanks

John

Looks like it's a xenforo specific issue. Be advised that I'm using chrome on my PC at this moment and get a preview when I mouse over the thread link. I don't know if touch screen behaves differently from mousepad though

It's funny that it send to be specific to computers that have a touch screen. My HP is a 2 in 1 and I usually use it as a laptop with a remote mouse, and still the issue persists. No one at HP or Microsoft help centers have been able to solve the problem either.

Last edited:
Back