Three big knives, one big box

I've been waiting by the door since I sent the check to Uncle Bill last week. I mailed him my damaged WWII 18" (which is probably going to be recycled to Art) and a check for two 15" AKs. This was like Christmas all over again..

First I unwrapped a very pretty wood handled WWII. Perfect handle, very straight blade. A 10/10 effort. Karda is nice and chakma decent as well. The first WWII I got had a very nice tooled sheath, no such luck on this one. The leather does appear to be thicker/ more sturdy however. I took the blade out for some abuse in the backyard.. not too much material for testing. I tried to reenact the chopping that revealed the blemish in my last khuk.. this one has no such troubles. It is a powerful chopper and will see more action in the future :) It is marked with a cross.

The other two AKs were out of the blemish box.. one has a small crack on the horn handle, the other.. the other doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it. Some scratches on the karda are present though. A friend and I went in on the 2 for 1 deal so I'm not going to test out either of these untill we've settled who gets what. One AK is larger/heavier than the other with decent karda/chakma. The other has a smoother shape (which I think looks prettier) but has very small karda/chakma. I think I'll let my friend have the first one.. he'll prefer the larger auxillery knife. One is marked with a half moon, the other with a Nepali flag. Both looks to be great knives, worth much more than what was paid for them!

I've seen some posts on what sign means what kami..
Who has the:
1) cross
2) half moon
3) flag of nepal ?

Vicks, you know how to have fun--3 khuks at once!!:D

The cross is Sanu, half moon is Bura, and flag is most likely Kesar (see my thread labeled "woodchuck pics of WWII" it has a closeup of Kesar's mark). Sanu, Bura and Kesar is a good lineup of makers too!

Enjoy, and let us know how your friend likes his khukuri too:)

Sometimes it looks like a plus sign.

Thanks for help.

Keep the one with the cresent moon!!!!

Back