Three Blems for 2/4

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
15 inch 21 ounce Ang Khola made by Bhakta and he forgot to sign the blade due to Dashain holidays. Nice rig. Small chipped on satisal wood handle ring. Huge saving for first time HI Khukuri buyer at $80 YBB. *SOLD*

2-04-13001_zps1f33ba76.jpg

2-04-13002_zps0375b64f.jpg

15 inch 22 ounce lite weight Ang Khola Bowie by Bhakta. Usaul fine work by Bhakta. Small hairline crack in Satisal wood handle most likey to go nowhere. Bargain at $85. *SOLD*

2-04-13003_zps6ee96554.jpg

2-04-13004_zpsd38c2e64.jpg

Beautifully done 13.5 inch Dhankuta Kothimoda by Dahankuta Kami. Nickle silver decorative scabbard. Five cents of epoxy fix crack in horn handle makes it near perfect rig. Great belated gift for you or for your friend at $125 YBB. *SOLD*

2-04-13005_zps361bc72b.jpg

2-04-13006_zps3c070397.jpg

2-04-13007_zps24af0c66.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
I think Bhakta may be the greatest kami at crafting the AK Bowie. As a knife, the AKB was designed to be a huge chunker of a blade, a way to make the most nuke-proof knife imaginable. For the longest time, it WAS that knife. It was was this tough as nails but ultimately brick-ish chopper. I loved it, warts and all.

However, Bhakta has really breathed some new life into this design. As most who desired it to be a 3/8"-1/2" bruiser have moved on, he has done more with the lines of this knife in the last year than it has seen in a decade. There is a graceful sweep to the whole thing. The balance seems to have been spread out over the whole knife. The hard lines of the grip seem to have been smoothed (a mod I did day one with every AK bowie I have ever owned). And of course the weight has been brought down to about half of what it was.

While it might no longer be the bombproof bone-shearing chopper, it's certainly a knife that appears to walk the walk. It's a very East meets West design that would be at home on any hip looking for a constant and loyal trail companion. A long soak in some boiled linseed oil would probably seal that lil' crack up. A touch and buff of super glue would secure it for the ages. The AKB just looks so "right" when clad in wooden scales.

I'm very tempted by this one. It needs a nice high and tight sheath, and it would be ready for the day to day.

Some lucky shark is going to absolutely love this knife, as will his kids, and their kids. It's a workhorse heirloom if I've ever seen one.

Gonna ditto everything Steely says on the AKB, I remember the older ones and just picked up one of these from the dod 2weeks ago and I am in love with this blade. Not over built, but built like a truck, your not going to hurt this one either. The balance fit and finish are perfect. I cant recommend it any higher. Oh and Steely im in the process of making a sheath for it. Will post a pic when im done.

Love the AKB. And like the Pen knife, I would like to see a 10" or longer blade on the model with the thinner spine.

13.5 inch Dhankuta Kothimoda is a thing of beauty! Wish my wife was into this sort of thing, would make an awesome Valentines gift

13.5 inch Dhankuta Kothimoda is a thing of beauty! Wish my wife was into this sort of thing, would make an awesome Valentines gift

They really are quite stunning. The pic doesn't do it much justice. The level of detail in these things is very, very impressive....and no, my wife wouldn't find it an acceptable Valentine's Day gift either;) She loves my khuks and used to steal mine from time to time before Yangdu got her set up with her own, but it better be dinner/flowers/chocolates/sparkly (and polished carbon steel doesn't count;))

I don't know much about HI models but this AKB looks amazing. I'm really digging the wooden scales on the handle. It almost gives it a kitchen knife look at first. If I didn't just get a Kobra I'd probably be all over this one.

Lol ok guys. Last chance. I found a little rainy day money my wife didn't know about. I'll give y'all until tomorrow morning around 8 central to claim that AKB. Then I'm sending an email;) Those wooden grips have been like hen's teeth in years past. I'd kick myself if I missed the boat...BUT I don't need it and i just got four very expensive teeth yanked out of my face last week.

But the temptation is great. If it's here tomorrow, Karma dictates that I act.;)

I guess karma wasn't in your boat this time Steely. Scwareuroi even acted prior to your proclamation.

Does this mean good guys do indeed always finish last. Not that Scwareuroi isn't a swell fella and all. Just pondering.

I'm happy for everybody that went for these. Very nice. Next time Steely. It's meant to be, I can feel it in my pores.

Lol congrats to all the lucky sharks:) I certainly had my chance to shark the AKB. Not this time, and thats ok:) I havr plenty of fine HI knives. I just enjoy the community. As is often said, "Come for the khuks, stay for the kooks":D

...That said, next time, fellas....next time;)
Enjoy your new knives, y'all:)

OH MY. Karma comes thru for Steely Gunz. How did we miss that one. Happy new AK Bowie to you.

That's a nice phrase, come for the Khuks, stay for the kooks. Kind of catchy.

.... but it better be dinner/flowers/chocolates/sparkly (and polished carbon steel doesn't count;))

I'd be ecstatic/shocked :eek: if my boyfriend got me a knife or kukri for V-Day. Flowers and chocolates don't last very long, and are far less practical.

That AK kukri was very tempting... but I was on the fence and the missing signature just barely, barely swayed me the other way. The blems from today are very tempting too, but I have to hold off until I get a kukri for my SO. I sharked a Sirupati from a DoD a few weeks ago as a potential V-day or anniversary gift, but I think he needs something intended for heavy field-use (and I don't think I can part with the Sirupati). Not sure what specs I should be looking for, but I've seen suggestions of staying within the 28 - 32 oz range (or going even lighter), that a 15" AK is quite portable and works very well, and that a ASTK at about 18 in, and 29 oz. is amazing. If I'm looking for a portable, good all-around use knife, that can do at least a little bit of the heavier chopping, what general specs and models should I be on the lookout for or avoid?

... hi!

Best bet would be to take a look at the models warentied for field use like the BAS, WWII, M43, ASTK, AK, CAK

Back