Three Japanese? Small Swords, need help...

Hello,
My name is Laurie. My late husband Stan, collected knives and such. I've been selling
his knives for awhile here on the forums little by little. Thought I got to the end of it
and then found some stuff in the rafters of the garage last week.

I need help with any identification you can give me.
The wooden one says stainless steel on the blade. Came in an orange box with japanese writing and symbols.
End of the box has a sticker that says Tanto with nylon sheath XL-300. And below that numbers that say 7-60729-01308-7.
One side of the wood is blank and the other side has japanese writing.

The one with the nylon sheath says Tomahawk on the blade near the grip and came in the same orange box.
End of the box has a sticker that says Large Tanto XL-308. and below that numbers that say 7-60729-01300-7.

The fancy one was in a mailing tube with nothing else with it.
The only thing I know is that they were probably bought within the past 30 years. that's it.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Laurie

Attachments

• fancyswordA.JPG
    fancyswordA.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 9
  • fancyswordBJPG.JPG
    fancyswordBJPG.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 9
  • fancyswordC.JPG
    fancyswordC.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 10
  • swordsheathA.JPG
    swordsheathA.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 9
  • swordsheathB.JPG
    swordsheathB.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 8
  • swordsheathC.JPG
    swordsheathC.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 9
  • woodswordA.JPG
    woodswordA.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 10
  • woodswordB.JPG
    woodswordB.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 10
  • woodswordC.JPG
    woodswordC.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 10
Laurie,

I would guess value is nominal on all three. With a few exceptions stainless is a poor choice for longer blades and a very poor choice for Japanese style blades. Tomahawk brand is sold through budk and on eBay. They are low end pieces. The other one I can't completely tell thanks to the glare on the photos but the fittings and furniture look cheap and in conjunction with the other two low quality pieces I'm guessing this one is comparable.

That sounds about right, but don't be offended if three are few or no buyers. EBay might be best.

I doubt eBay would be worth your time for these. After fees, shipping and handling, you're not really making anything at all.

Back