• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Three Japanese Style Paring Knives (Perfect Holiday Gifts) - ALL SOLD

Hello everyone, this is my first submission to this subforum, yet a long time browser here. Hope you like the knives I have here and the ones I will post in the near future. Feel free to message me with any questions. Happy to answer! All knives are pictured dull unless specified. They will be sharpened right before shipping.

Here I have 3 Japanese style paring knives in two different steels, and all different handle materials. Please take a look at the photos, and let me know what you think. I will ship in flat rate boxes here in the US and standard First Class International for overseas. Prices are for knives only, and I will calculate shipping cost based on location (I won't charge anything extra for handling). Thank you for looking! Sorry for lots of pictures :)

Preview of all three knives available:

xjgUQCh.jpg
1LhFWP2.jpg

Paring Knife #1: - SOLD

Handmade Japanese style paring knife. 3.5" blade length, 7.5" overall length, 15N20 steel, ebony and black walnut handle. Weights in at only 32 grams. This is an excellent and perfect gift this holiday season.

DETAILS:

Blade Steel: 15N20 High Carbon
Overall Length: 7.5"
Cutting edge: 3.5"
Thickness: 1/16"
Handle: Black Walnut and Ebony

Asking: SOLD plus shipping worldwide.

HsN3s9e.jpg
B4BU6h2.jpg
IXmz6jY.jpg
EaES9PQ.jpg
yNv1nil.jpg
3WW6ZAq.jpg

Paring Knife #2: - SOLD

Handmade Japanese style paring knife. African Makore and Ebony handle with brass spacer, 3.5" blade length, 7.5" overall length, 15N20 steel. Weights only 34g.

DETAILS:

Weight: 34 grams
Handle: African Makore and Ebony with Brass spacer

PxSLdzz.jpg
boIudAI.jpg
N4e7AD8.jpg
OKbRFLi.jpg
ORMVNyl.jpg
j0PIkeH.jpg

Paring Knife #3: - SOLD

Handmade Japanese style paring knife. Cocobolo and Ebony handle, 3.5" blade length, 7.5" overall length, D2 steel. Weights in at 43g.

DETAILS:

Blade Steel: D2 high carbon-chromium steel
Weight: 43 grams
Handle: Cocobolo and Ebony handle with red liner

Ilyr5md.jpg
G1mCeYo.jpg
kvvirNd.jpg
OWbVvrR.jpg
j8kcbNk.jpg
NAHZy3X.jpg

Last edited:
Totally lovely, I see two different steels, which do you prefer? Very nice.

Totally lovely, I see two different steels, which do you prefer? Very nice.

Tough question. I have both steels hanging in the kitchen and they are very similar. Both hold edge really well. I do try to take care of the 15n20 as its a carbon steel and I want a nice patina :) D2 is less prone to staining so I abuse it more :)

These look fantastic, great deal for sure!

Tossik..... Could you please provide your email, or email me at cheesman70(at)msn(dot)com. Potentially interested in purchasing one or both of these knives.

Thanks, Cheesy!

Paring Knife #1:

Handmade Japanese style paring knife. 3.5" blade length, 7.5" overall length, 15N20 steel, ebony and black walnut handle. Weights in at only 32 grams. This is an excellent and perfect gift this holiday season.

DETAILS:

Asking: $99.00*plus shipping worldwide.

Ill, Take This one Please

Paring Knife #1:

DETAILS:

Asking: $99.00*plus shipping worldwide.

Ill, Take This one Please

Thank you Chris! Message sent!

I'll take this one, please:

Paring Knife #2:
Handmade Japanese style paring knife. African Makore and Ebony handle with brass spacer, 3.5" blade length, 7.5" overall length, 15N20 steel. Weights only 34g. Blade Steel: 15N20 High Carbon Overall Length: 7.5"

Asking: $99.00 plus shipping worldwide.

Send me your Paypal address,
Jim

Tossik..... Could you please provide your email, or email me at cheesman70(at)msn(dot)com. Potentially interested in purchasing one or both of these knives.

Thanks, Cheesy!

I totally didn't see your message prior to next comment. Sorry about that. I will email you right now!

Paring Knife #2:
Handmade Japanese style paring knife. African Makore and Ebony handle with brass spacer, 3.5" blade length, 7.5" overall length, 15N20 steel. Weights only 34g. Blade Steel: 15N20 High Carbon Overall Length: 7.5"

Jim

If Cheesy does not take it, this knife is yours. Thanks!

Paring Knife #2:

Jim

Sent you a message. Thanks!

Received Knife #3 and its a beauty, well done! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Thank you, good feedback is important to me. I'll be posting few more knives shortly!

Back