throwing neck knives

bfm

Have been throwing some of my kneck knives lately (REKAT UNK, Stiff KISS) They seem to work OK at 6-8' distances but no farther. Are they just too light, too small. Every other distance I try just seems too imbalanced. Moving one step at a time they hit pretty wildly as the distance increases. The KISS is not as well balanced as the UNK but both have the problem. Any ideas, or just stick to 6-8'? I am throwing while gripping the handle. Thanks.

Never was very good with throwing from the blade. Any tips on throwing it this way? Same release as from the handle?

Originally posted by bfm:
Never was very good with throwing from the blade. Any tips on throwing it this way? Same release as from the handle?
BFM,
Throwing should be practiced by both handle or blade according to the distance.
6-6.5 feet for 180deg. rotation (Blade)
12-13 feet for 360deg. rotation (Handle)
Try to get consistent in the way you throw, and get the blade to stick by slightly adjusting your distance to the target. Don't add any extra spin to the blade with the wrist.
This is best to do with a spotter standing down parallel with the target and telling you how the blade hit, if it did not stick. Then you can move up or back in 6" increments. After you are very consistent and good at judging distances, begin to make some fine adjustment to the spin of the blade in flight. In order to get good make between 200 and 500 throws a day.

Tom Kier
SAYOC KALI
The Art of the Blade

Back