Thumb stud and lock and pocket clip?

Thumb stud (or other one hand open) and lock and a pocket clip on a traditional folder. Just looking for something different. Any ideas? Good steel a plus!

Case has the mid-folding hunter with stud, lock, and clip. Boker's Copperlock and Trapperlock have the first two, but no clip. I guess you could put one on if you are handy or maybe there is someone who could.

Benchmade 710 has a clip, axis lock and stud. but you really don't need the stud because you only need to pull back on the lock button and flick your wrist and it opens. And best of all, it's made of D-2 steel!:) :)

Case has the mid-folding hunter with stud, lock, and clip. Boker's Copperlock and Trapperlock have the first two, but no clip. I guess you could put one on if you are handy or maybe there is someone who could.

Knifekits.com has everything you'd need to install a clip, i.e. clips, screws, and tap/dye sets. Prices are very reasonable.

The Boker Trapperliner would probably be the best for this because it's 4 1/8 inches closed. The Copperliner is 3 3/4 inches closed and probably less conducive to a normal sized clip. It's clearly sized for carry down in the pocket.

LBG, good to know. I've wondered a little about what a Russlock would be like with a mini-clip. Then again, when I carry mine it is with the thumb piece down and have never had any trouble carrying it or getting it out and opened. Still, there's always that little urge to modify.

You could always put a "one armed bandit" on a Mountain man pattern. I've been carrying one around for a few months now and it works well. I use a lanyard tucked into my watch pocket or under my belt instead of a clip, but it would be easy enough to attach one.

Thank you for your ideas. I am looking into a Mountain man. It looks like a nice knife. For know I decided to put a clip on my modified One Hand Treker.

000_0679.jpg

000_0678.jpg

I did a search on the Mountain Man and realized that it was made by Queen. I recently bought a Queen Horseman that had more blade play than a pair of roller blades. (all the wheels put together) The search on the Mountain Man reveled the same problem. I love the pattern, but if you make folders, and consistently produce faulty knives (and that is a fault IMO) you should Quit. I'm bummed. :barf:

Back