Ti alloy Yakut dagger

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello all,

Here is a little dagger made for a retired surgeon, who likes to keep a knife in her purse, just in case. It's loosely inspired by the Yakut knife, having a hammered hollow on the flat side, with a convex other side. The knife is thin, and tapers to a needle point.

The blade is heat-treated BT/VT23 titanium alloy, with a handguard of ti 6-2-4-2. The handle's over-wrap is deerskin, and the slip sheath is made to be flung off of the blade easily with a flick of the wrist!

hGQ13lH.jpg

C8UFB3B.jpg

MmKakGg.jpg

LwldtRD.jpg

o9qxvlg.jpg

tle4jWw.jpg

SJZ0vtE.jpg

UCoCeUb.jpg

tl0J8RY.jpg

Love it, Sammy...that guard is awesome!

I guess you never know when you'll need to perform emergency surgery. ;)

Very unique and beautiful piece Mecha.

Some knives you just wanna pick up...
to get a feel from them, and to Learn something?

I bet this knife would satisfy long fondling secessions.
Awesome piece.

Every time I see a new piece from you it's even more impressive than the last one, my friend! Gorgeous blade right there!

Thanks Insipid, JB, Crag. A lot of people liked this one! I swear it looked better in person than in the photos, which make the finish look so rough. The main thing about it was to make sure it was an effective stabber. It worked out pretty well, as anytime the tip touched me, it caught skin and guided itself straight in, easily. Got bit by it three times, which I think is a new record. I was kind of glad to see it go before another incident occurred. šŸ˜†

Back