Tigershark powdered plain edge aus6 or sk5

Cool, Ndocyk.

But, I was referring to New Pig Hunter's cold-blued Tigershark. I would love to see photos of it.

D-1

Nice! Thanks, Ndocyk!

If I find a "beater" Tigershark I might do the same. Hopefully, it will come out as nice.

D-1

Yea I was kinda terrified when I was about to do it but now I know it's super easy and always comes out good, just use some super fine steel wool to get it all even.

The best part about doing this is you don't have to worry about the finish because you can just give it another coat.

Ndocyk,
great pictures !!

Here's a low-budget picture I took after bluing my SK-5 Tigershark .... (I need to take some better pictures next week) ....

SOG_Tigershark_mine_blued_flatbed_scan_1.jpg

Here's a picture of the Tigershark on the dinner table .....

Tigershark_dinner-1.jpg

And here's the blued Tigershark with some company ......

several_2.jpg

Cheers,

Carl

Last edited:
Carl's blued Tigershark does exists!!! :D

Great set of tableware!

Thanks for the photos, Carl.

Regards,
D-1

I acquired a sk5 serrated tigershark, didn't think it was ever supposed to exist. The guy did the blue test. When I received it I sharpened the $h!t out of it putting a nice convex on it, got all the powder coat off it and cold blued the whole thing. It looks amazing and I think I may have one of a kind.

Also the serrations are slightly different, I ink it may have been a test dummie for the serrations, the length of them are the same but the depth of them is not as deep.

I acquired a sk5 serrated tigershark, didn't think it was ever supposed to exist. The guy did the blue test. When I received it I sharpened the $h!t out of it putting a nice convex on it, got all the powder coat off it and cold blued the whole thing. It looks amazing and I think I may have one of a kind.

Pictures?

This is it after I removed the powdercoat put a nice convex edge and cold blued it. I also had to sand down all the sides image.jpgbecause it looked like they never finished smoothing the blade and just coated it.

I took the powdercoatiffbecuae who ever had it before me was obviously chopping with it

Back