Timber Rattler Outlaw Bowie Knife

The only thing I edited in my post was "out" in the "make it out alive" section.

I originally typed "make it our alive". I only edited a simple misspelling.

I see that. My apologies. I’m the one who made typos. I corrected both of my posts.

The only thing about the new 124. The handle is a little boxy. The slightly older ones are rounded off. Honestly I like them both equally. But might make a difference for someone with small hands. The newest one is in the middle IMG_2348.jpegIMG_2346.jpeg

You can also build a custom 124 on Buck’s website, if you want to snazzy it up a bit. If I wanted a pretty, stainless, Bowie, that wasn’t a custom, I would 100% go with a Buck 124.

If you want to beat the hell out of it,and not spend big money, I’d also recommend the Becker’s BK7/9 that eveled eveled mentioned.

Here is a review:

I haven’t tried either knife. There are lots of choices out there and which you go with depends on how the knife fits your hand and budget, and how you intend to use it. You can also look around for used knives, the Western W49, Ontario SP10, the original Cold Steel Trailmaster were all great knives. If I were looking for a basic Bowie today I would consider the Bk 7 or Bk 9, Ontario RTAK or Esee Junglas.

n2s

I would also warn that the United Cutlery version of the Hibbens Mission III was intended for display. The handle is held together by a thin welded rod and will not stand up to actual use.

n2s

You can also build a custom 124 on Buck’s website, if you want to snazzy it up a bit. If I wanted a pretty, stainless, Bowie, that wasn’t a custom, I would 100% go with a Buck 124.

If you want to beat the hell out of it,and not spend big money, I’d also recommend the Becker’s BK7/9 that eveled eveled mentioned.
Custom 124 how is it different from any other custom knife made by Buck?

Custom 124 how is it different from any other custom knife made by Buck?
It’s not any different than any other custom Buck. You can choose the handle material and guard material, the only steel option I see is their 420hc. Just a suggestion/option for those who may want to change it up a bit.

It’s not any different than any other custom Buck. You can choose the handle material and guard material, the only steel option I see is their 420hc. Just a suggestion/option for those who may want to change it up a bit.
Thanks , 420HC is a very good steel, so I won't consider any other option unless BUCK brings back 440HC

I have a big old Timber Rattler - got it right before I learned about Ontario. I would not trust it's thin hollow grin and length and tang. Probably fits light use. Decorative. Now decorates that time of my life when I knew not a lot about knives.

Don't know if Mora makes a knife of this type
Ontario? I want one of the SP10 (if you want an SP1 I might sell)
Buck as mentioned can do it. In a variety of stainless, too.

Honestly my Ontario has such a fat thick saber grind compared to my Buck 110 which feels so tough too but can actually cut and be sharpened to a sharp edge. Am I doing Ontario wrong?

Back