Timberline Mini Pit Bull Neck Knife-Good-Bad-Crap?

I am looking for an "adequate" neck knife to wear when running since I normally won't have any pockets. I stumbled across the Timberline Lightfoot Designed Mini Pit Bull Neck Knife selling for $25 which includes a decent looking Kydex sheath. Don't know much about Timberline knives or Greg Lightfoot. I don't expect a whole lot for this price but am looking for opinions of this knife. All opinions respected.
-Thanks!

It is adequate. The steel (AUS-6) is fairly soft, but very tough and easy to resharpen. It's a neat design (like most Lightfoot designs) that offers a really nice grip with a secure thumb ramp.
Well worth the 25 bucks.

Get the plain edge setup. It's too small for a combo edge to be useful IMO.

YIKES! I just found a thread on this knife posted not too long ago. SORRY TO ALL FOR MY LACK OF SEARCHING..... but I shall return!

Quiet Storm.... Thanks for your input. I will look at the plain edge as you suggested. As you will see in my followup response.... I found a thread which talks about this model.
-thanks again

For what it is worth I lost one Mini pit bull once and bought another to replace it, found it so handy and secure to use. I lost the first one due to sheath failure though, looked down clip is still on belt but no knife. Normark on other thread was right about sheath problems. Of course Normark has solution too I imagine.
cheers

Took my own advice and got a sheath for mini pitbull from On/Scene. Have been wearing it for a week and it is great. It came with two belt loops, including one, a fold over design that is secure and allows sheath removal without having to undo belt. I am very pleased. Coincedentally, on the day I ordered from On/Scene the second Timberline sheath failed. So all Mini Pitbull owners beware of those two locking prongs, as they seem to be the weakpoint. Fortunately I found the knife in the car this time.
cheers

Hey Chris...

Thanks dude..
Glad you are happy with it...

Here is a pic of my Timberline Mini Pitbull

minipit.jpg

The OEM sheath IMHO doesn't do the knife justice..The knife and designs deserves something better...

The OEM sheath that came with mine had very poor retention, a small shake would dislodge the knife easily...
The clip system is nearly useless, as it has almost no grip on pants with or without a belt...

In general, the knife is well made, and the design comfortable..

ttyle

Eric...

Back