Time machine examines the period directly after the Big Bang

not2sharp

Platinum Member
More courious discoveries from Hubble's deep field studies.

The scale, beauty, and terror captured by the space telescope has been amazing.

Yesterday there was a report that they have identified a massive collision that took place some 800 million years ago. A cluster containing 1000 galaxies, collided with a smaller cluster containing 300 galaxies. (Imagine the insurance claims when hundreds of millions of stars collide :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: )

read about the collision here:
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=589595&section=news

Today we have a image showing us objects that existed shortly after the Big Bang.

_40102580_hubcir_nasa.203jpg.jpg

Buried in the image are objects that shone not long after the Big Bang

Bigger image here:
http://imgsrc.hubblesite.org/hu/db/2004/28/images/a/formats/print.jpg

Read article here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3680944.stm

n2s

Today we have a image showing us objects that existed shortly after the Big Bang.

Look! It's Dick Clark!... And there's Bob Dole!

Gollnick said:
Look! It's Dick Clark!... And there's Bob Dole!
And looky there! It's Chuck Gollnick!!! ;) :p

The big bang is only a theoree.

Lets just agree that we are looking at something that took place a long long time ago in a place that is far far away.

web_print.jpg

n2s

Keep in mind, when you view most of the Hubble pictures, that the colors are artificial.

This doesn't make the pictures any less interesting. I just think it should be pointed out.

Gollnick said:
Keep in mind, when you view most of the Hubble pictures, that the colors are artificial.

This doesn't make the pictures any less interesting. I just think it should be pointed out.
I suppose you'll be telling us next they put artificial flavouring in hubble too. ;)

Before the Big Bang: News from the Hubble Large Space Telescope
by Jonathan V. Post

The Astronomer was red-eyed, pale,
his face was gray with stubble;
he was 13 on a sliding scale
of 1 to 10 in trouble.

“Is Physics just a fairy tale?”
he asked, and then began to wail,
“Why DID we seek the holy grail
Why DID we launch the Hubble?

The launch was good (relax, exhale)
the data systems did not fail
we peered beyond the cosmic veil,
the anti-cosmic double

to back before the quarks prevail.
We digitized each dark detail
but it was all to no avail,
it burst our pretty bubble.”

“WHAT did you see?” I asked “Before
Beginning’s Big Bang lights?”
(I reviews and interviews. I edits and I writes.)
“Before the start of Time, before the Universe’s Birth,
What DID the Hubble show, ten billion years before the Earth?”

He told me. Now I writes no more
I drinks a bit. I edits.
“Right before the Beginning,” he said,
“is when THEY roll the credits!”​

I try to keep up with physics and cosmology to the extent that my math-challenged old noggin can do so.

It was around the turn of the century that professors were advising their students not to take up physics, as they'd have it pretty well sorted out in a few years. Not much to discover....hehe.

Now, the cosmologists and physicists are like kids in a candy shop. The more we're able to observe, the stranger it gets. Dark matter, dark energy, string theory, "membrane" universes.... They had a guy on "Science Friday" a few weeks back, and he was as excited as a 10-year old kid with his first telescope.
The Hubble telescope has been an enormous success, considering that it had to be fixed after launch.

Yes,physics can be quite a counterproductive job.We launch the Hubble and it awnsers many questions but with each question awnsered it creates a multitude of new and unawnsered questions! The universe is mostly composed of space! And when we look within to the atomic and subatomic levels we find the majority is space again! The bottom line is that what our bodies are made of,the earth,the solar system,the milky way galaxy,and all bodies in the universe are composed of the material let loose with the big bang.Everything comes from this source as nothing can be created from nothing.When people think that they are seperate from this source is what is called pain and suffering.As Esav posted"before the beginning is when they
roll the credits". In the words of Socrates: Wise is he who know's he doe's not know!So play the part and enjoy the play as it is just like it is supposed to be.Peace,Doug.................................

Who is examining it?Who is realy doing it?What did not happen?Change ,paradox and humor are the laws of this relm and as long as we understand we are not in charge perhaps you shall find peace.

Long ago an ancient chinese dude by the name of Lao Tzu described it this way in his first line from the book called the "Tao Te Ching".
"The way that can be spoken of is not the constant way; The name that can be named is not the constant name.The Nameless was the beginning of heaven and earth;The named was the mother of the myriad creatures."
These first lines are great pointers for that which can not be spoken of because you are that which you wish to know. Peace, Doug...................

Hubble pictures are, for the most part, light exposures. The colors are real, just red-shifted by the expanding Universe. False color images are generated by instruments operation in the infrared, ultraviolet, radio and x-ray frequencies.

Material created in the initial inflation of the universe (Big Bang is a term that was coined by Fred Hoyle, an opponent, who was proven wrong) was restricted to Hydrogen and Helium. All of the heavier elements, including the rest of our component atoms have been built by nuclear fusion in the life and death of many generations of stars.

Back