Time to ask a stupid question how can I tell which knife is CQI'd?

BTW my Spydiechef order fell through and I had to get a refund. The thing is I'm thinking about getting if full MSRP at a dealer but how can I tell if it has the ceramic detent ball or not? I know the numbers are different but is there a chart to tell what CQI models are what? When I call down there I'll ask if they have the ceramic detent model specifically.

Time to ask a stupid question ...
I cant help you in regards to that particular knife model but thats hardly a stupid question. Id like the latest version of most Spydercos as well.
Someone with more Spydiechef knowledge will be along.

If the date code on the Spydiechef box is DR or newer it is CQI'd. It will be two letters to the right of the barcode.

DR = April 2018
D = 4th letter of the alphabet = 4th month = April
R = 18th letter of the alphabet = 2018

So I'm looking at anything with an DR and higher letters. Thanks, that should be very easy to remember.

View attachment 1155987 So is this the old version

The only thing they changed is the detent ball. If you don't care if your knife is completely rust proof then it doesn't matter. The ball bearing used in the detent of the pre-CQI one can rust if left in salt water for 100 years+

If you get the most recent date of manufacture you get the most recent CQI updates.

Back