Time to bring back the Challif! - Fowl play ^;-)

I've posted the whole frightening story over in the Community Forum. On opposite sides of the USA, free-range poultry have been attacking people. Wild turkeys in Boston, and chickens in Sonoma, CA!
eek.gif

This portentious problem practically prays for the Spyderco people to purvey the Challif, a knife propitiously produced for the purpose of putting promiscuously pecking poultry in their proper places on porcelain plates!

challif.jpg

The time has come to reintroduce this knife. The nation needs it now!
wink.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 05-08-2000).]

ROTFLMAO!
James, you slay me man!
biggrin.gif

But, I like your suggestion. The more Spyderco kitchen knives, the better.

I want a whole set of plain edges in varying shapes and sizes. The Challif looks to be very handy indeed!

------------------
The individualist without strategy who takes opponents lightly will inevitably become the captive of others.
Sun Tzu

James - Nice try. Sorry. No more challif's. The MRS-30 (We called it G3) is a very nice, but expensive steel that didn't do the job as wsell as we'd like. Too much carbon for an ingot steel to do the job needed.

The market is too small for another run, at least at this time.

I did chase down one for a forumite, but have to dig up the Email...don't remember who it was for. Went overseas and forgot. Must be getting old.

We've reground a few into sport knives, very nice steel for that.

sal

[This message has been edited by Sal Glesser (edited 05-08-2000).]

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! (waving hand frantically in the air)

It was me Sal. When you never got back to me, I assumed that they you didn't find one so I dropped it. But now that I hear you may have one for me, I'll email you again.

Or if you get a chance, email me at gmelcer@yahoo.com

Thanks
Greg

Very good you ole'grampa, that's a whole lotta P's in one sentence, fur shure, fur shure. LOL.

------------------
Buck Collectors Club Member # 572
Dedicated ELU
Talonite fan
Knifeknut(just ask my wife)

BTW, a serrated challif would be one serious tomato slicer, but only the plain edge can turn a live chicken into kosher poultry.

Methinks I'll have to bid on that old one on Ebay, though it's a safe bet that any steel Spyderco has used holds a better edge than pre-war Solingen Mystery Stainless!

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Thanx Greg. I remember seeing a few in my "collection storage". Did you include your mailing address in your Email to me? If not, I will need it.

sal

Back