Time to move

allen456

So, the time has come to move again, hopefully the last time for a long while. My wife and I decided we needed to get a larger home since our three kids are getting older and starting the "pre-teen" stage (lord help me!) Bathroom use between them has become a daily battle even if they use ours too. We have loved living in the log cabin and will miss it. It has been a fun enjoyable experience there. Still wild that the log home was in the middle of a modern subdivision. The new house will have a bathroom for each kid all to their own, more room to grow, and a basement that I will finish to my liking.

Needless to say, alot of work is involved in moving, but the added bonus of relocating my personal shop adds a whole other challenge. I have begun taking apart and packing what is not used on a daily basis. I will be sure to take pics and post progress pics of the new shop as it is built. It will be in the basement (not ideal, but will work.) The plan is to add a fire sprinkler system in the grinding area. Stay tuned. I close on both houses October 19th and move the same day. Feel free to come and help. lol

The current house:
Hosted on Fotki

The new house:
Hosted on Fotki

BOTH are very beautiful homes Allen. I wish you best of luck moving and setting up shop. You are right, it will take a lot of time and energy but it sounds like it's for the best! Pictures along the way will be great to see.

Good luck with the move Allen. I’m with Phillip, I’d keep the cabin as well. Beautiful new home BTW.

There was plenty of room for me in the old cabin. I could have just moved into the office in the back. I would have even helped with the pancakes.

LOL, the cabin is sweet, but need to go bigger. IF there was another log home that was big enough, trust me, we would be there. We looked at adding onto the shop for a garage we could actually park in and to add another bedroom and bath, but we were looking at $90-100K, which first off I don't have, and second, would never be able to re coop the cost in the neighborhood. Another log home will be in our future, once the kiddos are in college and we are going to head north!

This is how it starts, first the house then a "more practical" car.

This is how it starts, first the house then a "more practical" car.
too funny, I have actually kinda sorta started looking. Half the time I want to sell the jeep, others I remember every time I sell one, I usually get back into another one within a year. Been looking at Sierra 1500s and Grand Cherokee Overlands

Congrats on the new house.
If you need any plumbing done, I'll trade for knives. Wink wink.

I'm interested in the fire protection solution. I've thought about it and NFPA 13D allows the sprinkler heads to be connected to the domestic potable water system; however, I'm not sure how you keep from having a dead leg and the associated no-flow problems. Take some pictures. How are you going to do dust control?

Congrats on the move!

Every time I read the title of this thread, this song popped into my head:

Both houses are beautiful in thier own way. Congrats!

I gotta ask, how much do the second one cost if it’s not too personal to ask.

My wife is a US citizen, and we’re up in Canada right now but look at moving south from time to time.

Back