Time To Party!

JK Knives

Tomorrow it will be one year that I “left” my job of 37 years, and went full time into being a knifemaker. I`m extremely lucky to have a wonderful wife, who more than just tolerates my wacky ideas, she is my biggest supporter. There were a lot of doubts financially, but so far, I`m hanging on. I`m not going to get rich doing this, but the bills are getting paid, and if happiness, satisfaction, and friends were money, I`d be a millionaire! For the first time in years, I look forward to getting up, reading my emails, checking out the forums, and getting to work. I`ve had some good ideas, and some not so good ones, (folder, hatchet) but overall it`s been a good year.
There have been some fun contests and giveaways this past year, and there will be more coming, it`s one of my ways of saying thanks to the people who make it happen.
In January of this year I got my own forum (thanks Spark, for making it affordable to the average guy), which has made it even more fun, thanks to the regulars, and some of their crazy ideas, and their great photos.
I want to take this opportunity to thank my customers and the many friends I`ve made here on BF for their support. Also, WILLIAM M. (Dr. Bill) who was the first to order a knife from me after I did a passaround of a Nessmuk , where he was the first volunteer, Reuben Bolieu, (bearthedog), who helped set up my website and wrote the article for S.W.A.T. Magazine, Mark Williams, who moderates my forum, and of course, Scott Gossman, who made suggestions and gave me ideas after his turn on the Nessmuk passaround. Without all of you, this would not have been half as much fun as it`s been. One year down, let`s try hard to make the next even better, and even more fun than the last!

Thank you,
John
JK Handmade Knives

Way to go, glad to see this is working out for you. You have some real good ideas and I like the way you communicate and do business with your customers.

wohoo i love a good party. Congarts Stomper. I dont know what ill do if your knives keep getting better. They are awesome right now hehe. Keep up the good work

ERik

Congratulations John.
Here's wishes for many more happy and satisfying years to come!!

My wife and I are going out to Texas Roadhouse tonight to celebrate. 16oz. prime rib and Bloody Marys for me! (wife don`t drink) woohoo!!!:eek:

Congratulations John. I'm glad to have stumbled upon you on the forum and can't wait to see what year two has in store for you. May if be just as fun, adventurous, and even more prosperous than the first. Thanks for being a friend and one hell of a knife maker! Cheers to you! :thumbup:

That's awsome :thumbup:, congratulation's.

You make one helluva knife, keep it up.

This is what I call living the dream, so my hat's off to you! :thumbup:

Congratulations!

I love waking up and checking out your forums every morning, noon and night!

Congratulations John. You are a gentleman and a first class knifemaker. :thumbup: Enjoy your celebration dinner.

Jeff

Congratulations on the anniversary John. You make this place better by being here.
Thanks for all you do!

Congratulations John, at one point a while back I thought you were taking the negative aspects of this site to heart and I was afraid we'd lose you, that would have been a great loss to all of us so I'm glad you hung in there and continued doing what you do best !!!!!

I am much poorer since finding Johns knives, Poor but happy, what else matters in the end? :cool:

Yes I guess I am a old Hippie. I have lived for today my whole life it made me good at my job but I don't recommend the life style for more responsible people.

Best of Luck Stomper.

Last edited:
Congratulations John! I am poorer as well...but very happy that you made the decision to make fantastic knives full time. Enjoy the party!

Congratulations John. You are one of the most customer focused and accommodating knife makers I know of.

Congrats John, youve come far in your first year as a full time maker. Heres to many more!!!

Back