Time to rally!!!!!!

You may have seen in this month's gripping issue of the first Friday newsletter the below bullet points:

Those will be followed by either the GSO-4.5 Bushcraft or GSO-6.
Right now the GSO-8 and GSO-10 are also tied.

If you have the means, you've probably done so already, but now is the time to vote by making a purchase or several!

looks like those of us procrastinating on purchasing the 4.5 should do so soon, and solidify it's position in production as well.

Happy New Year everyone!!

With regards to bow-drill divots/ferro notches, I know Ellie explained in an earlier thread that they were excluding these on the new models because they weren't really necessary any more and they needed to build in some efficiencies to production.

However, I noticed that with the exception of the new spec GSO 4.7 and 5.1 (which I just ordered during the pre-sale :) ), the other models available for pre-order still have/had bow-drill divots/ferro notches as available options.

Here's what I found:

Just ferro notch
2.7 (in production), 8

Both available
3.5, 4.1 (in production), 4.5, 6, 7/7

Was removing these options just a change for the 4.7 and 5.1 and staying for subsequent models or have the order pages just not been updated yet? I just wanted to make sure I'm clear on this as I gear up for subsequent orders. :D

Thanks in advance for any insight.
John

I ordered all of those but the GSO-8. Not sure if that one would work with my gear system. Still might buy it though, lol.

Happy New Year everyone!!

With regards to bow-drill divots/ferro notches, I know Ellie explained in an earlier thread that they were excluding these on the new models because they weren't really necessary any more and they needed to build in some efficiencies to production.

However, I noticed that with the exception of the new spec GSO 4.7 and 5.1 (which I just ordered during the pre-sale :) ), the other models available for pre-order still have/had bow-drill divots/ferro notches as available options.

Here's what I found:

Just ferro notch
2.7 (in production), 8

Both available
3.5, 4.1 (in production), 4.5, 6, 7/7

Was removing these options just a change for the 4.7 and 5.1 and staying for subsequent models or have the order pages just not been updated yet? I just wanted to make sure I'm clear on this as I gear up for subsequent orders. :D

Thanks in advance for any insight.
John

We are leaving the options available for preorders. It didn't seem right just randomly taking them off while they are still available. The plan is to remove the options as each model gets listed for regular ordering. That's why the GSO-5.1 and GSO-4.7 don't have them but the others do. I will get the GSO-2.7 and GSO-4.1 updated when I have a chance.

Back