Tin Knife Fire Making!

C Bryant

Gold Member
I was testing out waxed jute and here are some pics of the results from a thread in the W&SS. My trusty tin knife freebie is one of best ferro rod strikers I have ever used!

Check it out >>>> http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6722231#post6722231

DSC04040.jpg

Last edited:
I need a tin knife !!!!!!:thumbup:

Wish people would stop posting pics of stuff that I need !!!!!!:(

Even Mrs Pit said the tin knives are really cute !!!!!!:eek:

You will be getting one with your order!

Pit, don't let her near it or you will never get it back. Trust me, I know of what I speak!
DSCF1339.jpg

Good stuff! I used my tin knife on Saturday to scrape a mag bar and then strike the ferro rod to start a quick fire. I found an old knife pouch and put the little knife in there with the mag bar and a little piece of fatwood. Makes an excellent little kit and a sharp backup blade :thumbup:

Wish people would stop posting pics of stuff that I need !!

i agree with pitdog..:eek: i am going to have to break down soon and order one of these tine knives... i don't know if i can take it anymore...:D

Thin handle slabs and kydex turn it into a great knife for your pocket or a bag! I cleaned a few trout with mine the other day and it was perfect for the job.

Anyone cord wrap their tin knife? I've been meaning to try but haven't gotten around to it.

Back