Tirtha Bowie Saves the Day

Thats boSS! I'm jealous that you can get away with carrying a 17" knife. The largest that I could probs legally get away with in suburbia is my ESEE4. I've carried small fixed blades like and izula 2 or becker necker and people always just think that you are going to stab them and stuff...its actually really annoying. I carry it as a tool and when u are struggling to open a package or something...whos the guy who you call on.........? Me!

My friends always freak a little but then I just laugh at them when they try to open something and it spills everywhere. I now also keep a small prybar on my keys so that I can use that when people would freak over a knife.

Thanks for the story. It was a pleasure to read!

Steely

You need to submit this story to tactical knives and they can make one of their cool survival cartoons out of it!

Steely

You need to submit this story to tactical knives and they can make one of their cool survival cartoons out of it!

lol never heard of them, but hey, I don't own the words. they can feel free:p I don't think anything to capture the ridiculousness of the situation. Squatting on my bedcover, butt in the air, jamming a 4' stick into my cab as my daughter watches with a big goofy smile and runny nose.

Great pix and post, thank you for sharing

here in michigan the police will take your pepperspray if its Not more than 35 grams of any combination of orthochlorobenzalmalononitrile and inert ingredients (CS gas); or
A solution containing not more than 10% oleoresin capsicum (pepper spray) and is used in the protection of your person or property which would justify the use of physical force. also what gets me is this:Michigan law specifies that a person, with intent to use the knife unlawfully against another, shall not go armed with a knife having a blade over 3 inches in length. so technically i could walk around with a large knife as long as it is not purely a weapon looking knife and i can prove in court that i was not carrying it with the intent to use it on another person :p

@ alexs,

You cannot conceal a "big" folder in CA. A concealed folding knife must have a blade of 3.5 inches or less in California. Check the Knife laws.

Steely, your story is wonderful! Sometimes a formidable weapon can have more urbane or "gentle" uses and end up a life saver no less. When we are not hacking up zombies with our khuks, for example, we might be slicing up fish and vegetables or prying open a piece of glass. LOL. You sound like a wonderful father and husband and I hope you can pass on your love of blades to your daughter. I couldn't stop laughing at several points along your story line.

Back