Titanium alloy jian: Silver Ghost

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This titanium alloy jian sword was made custom for a kung fu instructor who's been nicknamed Silver Ghost. It was a difficult but interesting project.

This take-down hilt sword is 37" oal, with a 27.5" blade, forged of titanium-niobium square bar stock, and heat treated. HT oxides were preserved.

The sword weighs 1 lb 15.2 oz, with good weight in the hilt due to the silver. It's easy to wield, with nice balance and a lot of distal thickness taper to the blade.

The handguard and pommel are 15.6 oz of cast sterling silver, engraved with the Chinese characters for Silver Ghost, which in Japanese translates to Silver Demon. Engraved by WValtakis WValtakis .

Sheath was made by Ms. @Oye, and features elkskin paneling and titanium-palladium alloy suspension rings. The handle core is stacked leather, and the tassel cord's beads are TiNb alloy like the blade.

B0GJj8C.jpg

jVU9FNp.jpg

d2GhtIK.jpg

cYJqKwN.jpg

p3QBxEk.jpg

qHh3CQr.jpg

JtXOYLp.jpg

66pvMGb.jpg

FUOAT5n.jpg

kIZxztS.jpg

He just moved, and his new address is in Hawaii.
Please send to me, so I can give it to him.:rolleyes:

That is one awesome piece!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

HAHA! Thanks. :)

I really appreciated how Kung Fu fellow let me experiment with handle shape, rather than just copy a historical jian's basic long round handle.

Now, maybe my custom order titanium pooper scooper will come into fruition. :rolleyes:

:D

That is beautiful and I am not even a sword guy. I would hurt myself, even sober....:(

Love your stuff. Keep up the great work!

Now, maybe my custom order titanium pooper scooper will come into fruition. :rolleyes:

:D

That is beautiful and I am not even a sword guy. I would hurt myself, even sober....:(

Love your stuff. Keep up the great work!

I ordered and have in-hand the handle stock for your scooper. Ordered it 2 weeks ago, sir. :D

He just moved, and his new address is in Hawaii.
Please send to me, so I can give it to him.:rolleyes:

That is one awesome piece!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We need to conduct part II of our titanium discussion.

Back