Titanium or Black oxide screws (Fasteners)

Titanium or Black Oxide Fasteners (Screws)

• Titanium

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Black Oxide

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyGun56

Gold Member
Very simple question, would you like to see Titanium or Black Oxide fasteners (Screws)
on future CPK offerings?
(Note: There would be a small increase in the overall Price if CPK switched (offered) Titanium
$5-10 dollars a knife (updated)

Last edited:
Needs a third option:p

If they're going to continue using loctite (which I believe they will) then definitely black oxide (Ti screws are way more susceptible to stripping)...keep the titanium for special editions ;)

~Chip

I'm happy with the stainless hardware, though I don't see any problems with offering Ti as an option. I remove the black oxide on all of my CPK screws anyway.

Needs a third option:p

If they're going to continue using loctite (which I believe they will) then definitely black oxide (Ti screws are way more susceptible to stripping)...keep the titanium for special editions ;)

~Chip
If this is true (Sounds like you know), I do not, never used them, This would be a Bad Idea:(

They do use loktite. I verified it with Jo when I ordered some handles a while back. Plus I've had to break it loose when I pulled my handles off to sandblast the hardware. Slap a coat of Renaissance was on the metal underneath the handles, and reinstall the handles!

No reason to increase costs for the sake of questionable cosmetic appeal. Keep the black oxide. Charge $50 more for the titanium screws.

Last edited:
^^^Jonny i know they (CPK) use Loktite, my reference was to WValtakis statement of "more susceptible to stripping"

^^^Jonny i know they (CPK) use Loktite, my reference was to WValtakis statement of "more susceptible to stripping"

Ah ok, I've ordered aftermarket Ti screws for my Spydercos before, WValtakis WValtakis is right, the threads strip much easier with less torque on the screws. You know how tight-happy some folks can get when it comes to securing screws!

An avoidable increase in production cost with no measurable gain in performance. Possibly even a degradation if titanium strips easier. It seems to me it might be in conflict with the CPK business philosophy of offering the highest possible quality fixed blade at the most reasonable price point. I vote stainless steel.

My suggestion is to skip the titanium unless a solid functional benefit can be articulated.

An easy option is to just offer them as an additional accessory item for user installation with a $40 dollar upcharge.

^^^I totally agree, As usual I have screwed this up, my wording was wrong and I cannot change or edit the title-Going to close it, my apologies to Nathan-Sorry
Tom

no apology needed, I think this was a useful poll. We will have titanium fasteners available by special request if people want to add them to their order but it won't be shown on the sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back